H3-2D Wiring and Connection Questions (x/post from Zenmuse)

Reaction score
I'm trying to add FPV functionality to a point and shoot camera and wanted to use the 8-wire, flat plug that plugs into the Zenmuse. To do this, I would need to have another 8-wire female end and know which wires are for the video feed. From there, I can run wires into my mini-USB cable that goes into my camera. I have already successfully tested a live view from my camera to the FPV Tx, and I can splice into the video feed there, but I figured that this would allow me to avoid making another splice at the TX and make use of the dangling Zenmuse male end. I wouldn't do anything with the other 6 wires coming out, I would only need the 2 video feed wires for FPV from the point and shoot.

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know the name/style of the plug? Figuring out the video wires should be somewhat easy, if they're not already known.

Thanks for any help!

Re: H3-2D Wiring and Connection Questions (x/post from Zenmu

I'm not convinced I've understood what you want to do exactly but would one of these help?: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.0_en.pdf

It comes with a range of pre-wired connectors and you might be able to mod something in the pack or even use the hub itself.

Pull_Up, thanks for the document, that could lead to what I need.

Here's a simple and crude idea of what I want to achieve. http://i.imgur.com/b7WXtXK.jpg
I'd like an 8-pin female connector so that I can feed it video from my point and shoot, kind of how the GoPro gets its feeds, but without all of the gimbal control and power supply wires. Option 2 is to just make a 3-way splice into the video feed going into the TX, but that is less desirable.

Thanks!

Here is a diagram that I made up for someone else. This included installing the EZ OSD module, which I recommend. It's a great $60 investment!!!

IOSD_zpsa4fba8e2.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub