H3-2D unresponsive - Software won't connect

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 1, purchased the Zenmuse with the upgraded board. Install went smoothly, or so I thought. But, when I turn on the Phantom the Zenmuse remains limp. I can hear they motors in the gimbal spinning and the GoPro does receive power.

So, I figured the next step was to see if the firmware needed updating. Problem is, the NAZA assistant doesn't see the Phantom. When I power up the phantom my PC gives an error message that the USB device has an issue (don't remember the exact message). I did notice on the DJI site about adding the usbser.sys driver in the "C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ drivers" folder. That didn't seem to change anything.

Anyhow, I obviously need some direction. If anyone can help with this issue I'd really appreciate it.

I see I had no responses but I'll provide an update anyway.

After discussing the issue with DJI I was told that since my NAZA has a red sticker on it, that means it's the original (older) NAZA and that, in addition to the upgrade board, to get the Zenmuse to work I need to add the GCU-V1 as well. I told the guy over the phone I was skeptical of that and he assured me that should solve the problem.

But here's the problem, how do you hook up the GCU-V1 to the upgrade board in the Phantom? I've watched the videos of the Zenmuse install, both with the old board where you use the GCU-V1 and the other module (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head), and the one with the upgrade board where you don't have to add any modules.

Nowhjere have I ever seen instructions that show installing the upgrade board and the GCU-V1 together, Probably a good reason for that, there's nothing to plug it in to. You can solder in the power leads, you can run the AV cable to an FPV system, and you can run the G8 cable to the Zenmuse. What's left over is a USB port and a CAN-bus (that originally linked to the other module). There are no other CAN-bus ports.

Not sure what to do next. I don't have another 50 minutes to sit on hold with DJI waiting for more "advice". And they totally ignore emails. I guess I'm just ranting because I've spent $1000 on a pile of plastic and wires. At least it still flys. I could take off the gimbal and GoPro and just fly it for the heck of it. But that's not what I bought it for.

I don't know anything about the P1 so I can't help sorry.

it's cool that you're trying to keep discussions in the proper forum, but I'm guessing the number of people with Phantom 1's running H3-2D's is pretty small... isn't it a hack/mod? I thought the H3-2D was designed for the P2.

I don't think the mods here would mind if you cross-posted that question to the Phantom 1 forum, if you haven't already... might target people with better knowledge about your exact situation

cheers

Hi QYV,
Thanks for the response. You could be right, but as I understand it the 2D was for the Phantom 1 and doesn't even work on the P2. But, I will post in the P1 forum as you suggested.

DJI has been no help at all. My follow up to their last message has been sitting 8 days with no response.

macnanday said:
Hi QYV,
as I understand it the 2D was for the Phantom 1 and doesn't even work on the P2.

I'm afraid I can't agree that it "doesn't even work on the P2". I could have been wrong about some things like what it was originally designed for, but there are definitely a LOT of people with H3-2D's on P2's I watched the price on Phantom 2 + H3-2D bundles for some months and I know tons of people on this forum have them. I finally jumped on a deal when the price dropped on the 2D bundle before the 3D came out.

There were stickers all over my 2D box that said "for Phantom 2 only" and I always wondered what else it would be for... now your response has made me think that may have been because there were P1 and P2 versions of the H3-2D, probably the mounting bracket that attaches to the Phantom.

anyway, best of luck unfortunately your comment about lack of response from DJI is quite common

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj