Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3 2D to H3 3D conversion

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by EMCSQUAR, Apr 29, 2014.

1. EMCSQUAR

To all of you guys who have a Zen 2D and want to convert to Zen 3D, I can confirm it works as long as you have the Zen 2 GCU. I cannot confirm if you have the upgrade board instead of GCU. Just an FYI. Note: you will have to cut a hole in belly of Phantom for clearance of top motor and check spacing to battery.

2. gregorym777

Hi!

Is there a software update for the 2D GCU? Or do you simply just plug in the H3-3D gimbal to the 2D GCU and it works?

3. gregorym777

EMCSQUAR,

Can you give us an update on your experience with your 3D conversion? Is it still working great? Did you get H3-3D that said Phantom 2 only on the box?

4. EMCSQUAR

Yes mine is working great - one it's first flights -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve5YuWMTaZQ

5. britchris1

Could you please provide instructions on how you did the conversion?

Thanks!

6. mrand

Can you post a little more info about the Zen 2 GCU. what it is, how to get it? I have a H3-2D and the new H3-3D is due tomorrow and I want to ake sure I have everything to hook it up. I was under the impression is was as easy as swapping it out with the H3-2D. Is this not the case?