H3-2D repair parts

MenaceCat and slash_1 .. if you decide to make these plates, please let us know. I'd be happy to buy a few if it would help defer your costs.

Although I have a single replacement for mine, I'm afraid to put the gimbal back on in case this one breaks too (which makes no sense, I know .. lol).

Does anyone know if the V2 plates are carbon fiber or plastic? Since carbon fiber is a laminate, having one of the arms snap off would seem unusual. Even though the break is somewhat jagged, I'm guessing they're just hardened plastic.

And to those who are following along, I still haven't got a rely from Mr. Huang at DJI China and my emails to DJI USA have all gone answered.

The price are about EUR 7,- ? Is this correct? If that`s the price I`ll buy 10 pcs.

So DJI wrote back on facebook. I make a quest ant wait for an answer. There is a chance to buy the parts I wrote it here. But if the price from Mindflights is right now, I think we all must buy and use the virbate kid from this one.

@OneJoe
If DJI does not cooperate i will make some with lasercut. I think it will take a week or two and if it works I put some pics online and also video.

greets

@Mindflights
If ordered one and wait until it comes. the price in eur ~ 140,- so the taxes i think the price will be about 180. If it works like in the video the price is really good for a completely new one.

i wrote if the "gimbal" arrived.

slash_1 said:
@Mindflights
If ordered one and wait until it comes. the price in eur ~ 140,- so the taxes i think the price will be about 180. If it works like in the video the price is really good for a completely new one.

i wrote if the "gimbal" arrived.

I had the zenmuse only for one week before that thing broken and I never got so stable footage as those I saw in that videos.. Always tinny movements to right-left direction and I paid almost 600 euros for that!

Somewhere I read that there is an adapter for DJI Phantom for that gimbal, in ebay and also you have to buy the cable for video link from gopro but there are some merchants at ebay that give it too.

I also read this article about the ND filter and Tarot gimbal together and I saw dramatic improvement

http://tomantosfilms.com/798/diy-nd-fil ... o-cameras/

The adapter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380737396285?ss ... 1436.l2649

The Gimbal:
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/gopro-twoaxis ... -1096.html
And the notice about the extra cables needed (I think 2 options)
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/realtime-av-o ... p-885.html
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/gopro-hero3-v ... -1098.html

hello @all.
I`ve got the original virbation unit.
If someone needs a original vibration unit (upper and lower plate including vibration dampers), which I can gladly offer for one unit at 45EUR excluding shipping costs.

If anyone will order some vibration units please contact me on [email protected]
Greets from Austria
yours Peter

Re: H3-2D broken plastic plate

OK. After some procrastination, I'm finally bringing a vibration plate to be cloned. I'll keep all posted if I can make a few. Wait a few days.

I had the same problem with the lower plate breaking. I have been in communication with DJI and was told that there will be 2 different replacements available, one aluminum and one plastic. Problem is, who knows when that will be?!

I made a temporary fix to mine with super glue and 2 small pieces of a wire coat hanger to act as a splints which I attached with a hot glue gun. Believe it or not it holds up pretty good.

I have a friend that has offered to manufacture these lower plates but not sure what a reasonable cost would be. What would we be willing to pay for this piece, $10? $20? Right now I think I'd pay anything to get one...or three!

Not to change the subject, but when my Phantom is on a level surface, my Hero3 mounted in my H3-2D leans slightly to the starboard side of the aircraft, so it's not level. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry to be so long winded on my first post...

Personally I'd be happy to spend more than $20 on replacements .. but if they're as fragile as the ones from DJI ... maybe $20 tops.

hi guys , dont come on here that much as sold my phantom and now fly f550 and a Vulcan mantis 900mm...

anyway , i recently hit the deck with my f550 :lol: apart from broken plate and arms it also broke the zenmuse mount!!

same plastic top mount broke were rubber are ,so i emailed DJI in germany asking if i can get another off them ..

yes was the answer :D but my zenmuse also has the thing were it levels an then drops so now sending it there for repair :D

here is the email i used an got a response right away

[email protected]

Prices in US for DJI damper plate spares are $70 for 'Maxon motor' version (aka v1) and $20 for 'DJI motor' version (aka v2). With some handy work it might be possible to adapt either damper plate set to the 'other' Zen version, but mounting position might be different. I haven't noticed these to be in stock yet, so they're pre-order where I've seen them listed.

Steve

OneJoe said:
Personally I'd be happy to spend more than $20 on replacements .. but if they're as fragile as the ones from DJI ... maybe $20 tops.

I had exactly the same thing happen with regards to the dampening mount cracking. I removed it and fashioned a cross shape piece of carbon fiber and fixed it across the center of the plate. So far it's worked a treat and hasn't affected anything. It seems like a weak point on the gimbal and a little reinforcement to it should help, I don't know why DJI haven't issued spares as yet or addressed the problem.

Anyone have any luck tracking down replacement parts. Every dealer I have talked to has said they are on their way but have not seen anything lately.

Re: H3-2D repair parts - arrived

I posted about 6 weeks ago. I've taken two routes. On one hand, I've had a friend trace out the plate and he's fabricating replacement ones. On the other hand, I had my dealer bug DJI directly.

The mounting frame is called Zenmuse H3-2D 'Spare Part 17' or 'Damping Rubber Frame (DJI Motors) and goes on sale for about USD 15. Zenmuse H3-2D 'Spare Part 15' Rubber dampers (three replacement sets of vibration absorbers - white, gray and black) are about 5 bucks.

I live in Asia and as we are closer to the suppliers, we probably get stuff first but rest assured, the parts are being made now...

Hello guys!

We have already make different metal vibration kid.
We tested the aluminum vibration kid in different situations in flight and due to a slight instability the aluminum was replaced by a very tough but extremely light N700 stainless steel.
Here the link to photos and the datasheet of the steel. The steel is used in the aerospace and aviation.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqiomx39adujw0h/1OgAN2547h
Also the top and the bottom plate is still the same (within more holes to get more positions to fix it and be more flexible).

If anybody is interestet in please contact us on [email protected]
Price EUR 45,- without shipping.

It's really quite shockingly bad that DJI don't make replacement parts for this. Reading about, it seems that they don't make replacement parts for the Z15 gimbal either and those puppies cost £2k. Its safe to say that I won;t be using a Zenmuse on my Vulcan Mantis once I've built it.

rilot said:
It's really quite shockingly bad that DJI don't make replacement parts for this. Reading about, it seems that they don't make replacement parts for the Z15 gimbal either and those puppies cost £2k. Its safe to say that I won;t be using a Zenmuse on my Vulcan Mantis once I've built it.

Write them - they probably have parts for the big Zenmuse gimbal.

The H3-2D parts are definitely available. I got them and they cost less than 45 Euro for sure.

I think the company is just quite young and just needs time to grow up. The engineering is pretty decent and it is overall a good product.

I'm having the exact same problem finding the mounting plate for the H3-2D Gimbal. Has anyone made any progress locating one in the U.S. preferably?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers