H3-2D offset tilt angle after shell change

Reaction score
I just did a shell change after a crash of my Phantom 2. The change went well, nothing inside was broken.
Reassembled and flew it. The only problem is my H3-2D gimbal seems to have too much of an angle in the tilt. With level set al full up position it is still point somewhat downwards. At full down it is slightly pointing towards the rear....

Any thoughts?

Hmm, I'm having the exact same problem that just started this weekend after a hard landing.

Reactions: charv
I've done everything from calibrating the controller through both programs to disassembling the gimbal and remote to check the switches visually. Not really sure what's up other than what the gimbal thinks is level and what's actually level don't match up.

It can still tilt past the highest angle when powered and "working" but can't be set any higher than what you show. For example if I hold the Phantom in my hand and tilt it forward, it holds its view and goes past the stop, but what you have pictures is as high as it will tilt with the switch.

I've done everything from calibrating the controller through both programs to disassembling the gimbal and remote to check the switches visually. Not really sure what's up other than what the gimbal thinks is level and what's actually level don't match up.

It can still tilt past the highest angle when powered and "working" but can't be set any higher than what you show. For example if I hold the Phantom in my hand and tilt it forward, it holds its view and goes past the stop, but what you have pictures is as high as it will tilt with the switch.
Same here. ****.

I was thinking of putting in a shim on the camera's gimbal anchor point to falsify the level and see how it reacts. That is not my preferred option...

Last edited:
I was thinking of putting in a shim on the camera's gimbal anchor point to falsify the level and see how it reacts. That is not my preferred option...

The gimbals tilt motor as a two part shaft and there is set screw close to the motor that has caused the shaft to rotate when it hit the ground. Had the same thing with mine and I used a vicegrip to hold the motor while turning the camera plate. In my case that worked but it really depends on how tight that set screw is. If you want to disassemble the tilt motor shaft here's video that will help.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers