Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3-2D not working

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-2D GoPro Gimbal' started by Moskino, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Moskino

So I installed the H3-2D in my Phantom 1 ..not sure if its the v1.1.1 as i see others have..i didn't install the naza pmu v2 as i was under the impression it wasnt needed..i put the gopro hero 3+ on..when i power the phantom up the gopro charge light goes on but the gimbal does not respond..it just hangs there dead and limp and useless..Can someone please tell me if i may have missed something?

Newbie problems...

2. rilot

Yes, you either need the Phantom upgrade board or the PMU V2. Without one of those the H3-2D will do nothing.
    How have you even connected the H3-2D to anything?

3. Moskino

Sorry ..should of mentioned im connected to upgrade board

4. eborn

Hmm, I'm having sort of the same problems with my H3-2D, but my Gopro is not receiving power.

Does your gimbal show up when you open the Naza-M assistant? I only see the P330CB-H3-2D board (with the 1.1.2.1 fimware), but the software does not detect the gimbal (IMU and CMU).

5. Moskino

The software does not recognize the gimbal

6. eborn

Same here. I have found one other person with this problem. But his Gopro didn't get power (just like me).
    He had to RMA the P330CB motherboard, because it was faulty. I double checked everything and even replaced the 8-pin cable (to be sure). But still a no-go. So I think my next step will be to RMA the P330CB and try again when the replacement arrives.

7. Moskino

That sucks..i mean followed dji install vids..i didnt do any updates to tx or phantom or h3-2d..not sure if i was supposed to before connecting camera and powering up. ive been reading around and says update the tx by connecting it to the pc with mini usb cable..i took the back cover off the tx and i dont see anywhere to plug in mini usb..Man im lost..

8. eborn

If the P330CB is at fault, it should be a simple RMA mather.
    I bevieve the TX update is only required for a Phantom 2. But I'm not sure. My Phantom 1.1.1 came with the P330CB pre-installed from the shop, so I didn't make any changes to it. Just attached the gimbal.

9. eborn

Quick reply: the problem was the mainboard. It did not work correctly. Only the plug that 'powers' and connects to the Zenmuse was not working. I replaced the upgrade board and everything worked without a problem.