H3-2D GoPro Gimbal 8 Pin Cable

Reaction score
Hello,

First time posting here, so I apologize for my newbness. I have a Phantom 2 with H3-2D wired, rough landing occurred ( I failed to make sure the battery was seated all the way....duhh) The Zenmuse took the brunt of the fall. The 8 pin (Grey) cable plugged into the Gimbal from the motherboard was destroyed. I borrowed a friends Gimbal and used the Black 8 pin cable in the Zenmuse box that DJI chooses not to use(?) they use a grey one. I get no power to the GoPro and no response from the Gimbal. Is the provided 8 pin cable DJI used different from the 8 pin cable in the Zenmuse box? Is that the reason I am not getting any power or response?

DJI has packaged several lengths of that same cable in black and gray with different components, but all should work with the gimbal. I've tried the black and grey ones successfully, right now I'm actually using the longer black version of the cord that came with the iOSD mkII for connecting between that and the video transmitter, and the gimbal works fine with it.

My guess is you have another issue somewhere you haven't discovered yet, resulting from the hard landing. You may have to mount your friend's gimbal completely on your Phantom to determine whether the problem is in your gimbal or your mainboard.

Thank you for your response.

That clears things up for me. I've tried 2 Gimbals and 2 GoPro's plugged them in using the Black cable that came in the Zenmuse box (not the one DJI originally installed) with absolutely no activity. Having tried 2 gimbal's and 2 GoPro's looks like I'm headed to Los Angeles to have them resolve my Main board issue... Lucky I don't live to far away and may be able to save some turn around time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl