Gyroscope X reading normal ???

Reaction score
I've just bought a "box opened" Phantom FC 40. (model P330D) from http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk

but its not flying very smoothly

Ive checked it has the latest firmware ie 4.02 with the Naza M V2.20 pc software

and loaded the default phantom settings from http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/PHANTOM_Default_Configuration_Parameters.zip

Ive put it outside to get gps fix , and done the flick the S1 switch back and for a few times than dancing round calibration, which went fine, apart from possibly the light changing colour before ive done a full 360

but the X gyro floats around a lot even when the unit is not moving when i look at it using the software.

Is this normal ?? any advice please ?

Attachments

• xgyro.jpg
    xgyro.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 516
  • dji_fc40_firmware.JPG
    dji_fc40_firmware.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 431
  • advance calibrate.JPG
    advance calibrate.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 480
  • MCtemp too high.JPG
    MCtemp too high.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 509
hywel said:
I've just bought a "box opened" Phantom FC 40. (model P330D) from http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk

but its not flying very smoothly

Ive checked it has the latest firmware ie 4.02 with the Naza M V2.20 pc software

and loaded the default phantom settings from http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/PHANTOM_Default_Configuration_Parameters.zip

Ive put it outside to get gps fix , and done the flick the S1 switch back and for a few times than dancing round calibration, which went fine, apart from possibly the light changing colour before ive done a full 360

but the X gyro floats around a lot even when the unit is not moving when i look at it using the software.

Is this normal ?? any advice please ?

Were you able to complete the IMU calibration? That MC message is an error just key the red x and IMU cal will complete and it does take a few minutes to complete. Those values are high compared to mine. Mark down those settings and do another IMU cal.

Jason, it does do a calibration, but complains about the temp being to high.

below is a graph of how the X gyro changed this evening, it had been calibrated a few days previously

You will see it wanders, then went very high after i changed the battery, then i did another advanced calibration.

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 31012015 235403.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 31012015 235403.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 366
Them mob values for the gyro after you changed the battery are WAY off the charts for were they should be when its siting on a level surface and plugged in to to the naza assistant.

Some thing I was thinking this morning but not able to post due to a problem with the forum that took a few hours to get fixed.

I was going to mention that if your mod value for the gyro keep getting messed up and going more then a few whole numbers over .5 to even any thing as high as 3 or even 5 if its perfectly level when checking it. had me wondering if maybe your Naza controller inside thats stuck in place to the circut board in side. with some 2 sided tape might be unstuck and moving around any time after you redo the imu calibration then pick up or move the phantom.

BUT now that I see you havering it right after changing a battery I'm really really starting to wonder if that just might be exactly whats going on. just last week I seen a guy in russia that posted a video of his phantom doing all sorts or weird stuff. that were it would fly right for a bit then any time he tilted left or right it would all go out of whack and his imu numbers were off and he would reset them and it would fly good again for a tiny bit till he did any thing that would cause it to tilt to the side. So he opened up the shell and found his naza controller had come un stuck from the tape and was flopping around in side and its postion would keep moveing and causing the phantom to think it was not level when it was and would try to compensate to try and level its self. and thats when it would fly all messed up. So he stuck it down with some new foam tape recalibrate his imu and it flew perfect after.

The readings on the graph were taken with the phantom sitting perfectly flat and still on my kitchen table .

I flew it this afternoon ,still a little bit erratic _ I'm worried that a failsafe return would go wrong because of that x gyro reading

The readings on the graph were taken with the phantom sitting perfectly flat and still on my kitchen table .
even if its siting flat but if your naza which has the gyroscope in it is not sitting flay it will show the same as if its not level intill you recalibrate it. Then it will recalibrate and think its level again. Which is what the gyro does is measures is the relative level.. If you pick it up while its hooked up and tip it side to side or forward and back you will see the gyros numbers change. and if you move it around while its moveing you will also see the acceleration numbers change that the accelerometer measuring g forces one the 3 axises

Code:
I flew it this afternoon ,still a little bit erratic _ I'm worried that a failsafe return would go wrong because of that x gyro reading
they gyro is more what keeps it flying flat and level when its hovering and meashers the angles its leaning at or if its hovering to try and keep staying on a flat plane. and it can cause erratic flight tho it "shouldn't" have any thing to do with RTH being thats all to do with your gps and the compass. Tho the operative word there is it "shouldn't" effect return to home or any thing as far as it knowing or not knowing were it is in space. But Id still use some caution while flying it intill you can figure out what is going on or what is wrong being the gyro being off can cause it to fly real screwy. Such as if its thinking its not level even when it is it will try to make the side it thinks is lower then the other raise up to try and right its self and that can cause it to fly in what ever direction it trys to lean towards while trying to make its self be at what every spot it thins is level.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik