Gyroscope bias value is too large

Reaction score
I get this message when I try to start the motors. It won't allow the motors to start and says "gyroscope bias value is too large. Restart aircraft and contact DJI support if the problem persists". It continues to give me this message after all trouble shooting. Anyone else heard of this? I'm waiting to hear back from DJI.

Yes. Prior to correction I've found that you can pick up the drone while it's on and twist it all around. Then try starting the motors. Correct fix is.... IMU calibration.

I am getting error every time and I have tried many calibrations in different places. No difference. Error comes up everytime. Help me please. Thanks!

Place the P3 on a levelled surface and screen shot the Values and post here.
In the PILOT APP > Settings > Quad Icon > Sensors. Pick her up and move her around and see if you have a value that is stuck.
I think one of the gyro or accelerometer is stuck. You can fix by tapping the phantom in the opposite direction to "free" up the lock.

And make sure you do the IMU calibration the moment you turn on your phantom.

I get this message when I try to start the motors. It won't allow the motors to start and says "gyroscope bias value is too large. Restart aircraft and contact DJI support if the problem persists". It continues to give me this message after all trouble shooting. Anyone else heard of this? I'm waiting to hear back from DJI.
I have the same problem. After repeating restarting the aircraft and the calibration process 4 or 5 times, I finally have gotten the engines to start and competed flights, but it is aggravating. No idea what the problem is. I just contacted DJI Support too.

The accelerometer is detecting a value out of parameter. I have repaired a couple by taking the top of the Phantom and then removing the flight controller cover and weighted accelerometer. I then smacked the accelerometer on the work bench making sure I dont damage the small ribbon cable. This has fixed them everytime.

Jeremy
USdronerepair

The accelerometer is detecting a value out of parameter. I have repaired a couple by taking the top of the Phantom and then removing the flight controller cover and weighted accelerometer. I then smacked the accelerometer on the work bench making sure I dont damage the small ribbon cable. This has fixed them everytime.

Jeremy
USdronerepair
Smacked like in hit??:D:D

Exactly.....
There's another thread I read somewhere, maybe on the DJI forum that they whacked the side of the Phantom opposite the direction of it's original crash or malfunction direction. This corrected the error and allowed a successful IMU calibration and compass reset. Without taking the craft apart. So you may be on to something regarding a strong whack.

I fix computers. Sometimes a good thump is all it takes. (And for genuine reasons, not just cos I'm out of ideas!)

Reactions: kirk2579
Place the P3 on a levelled surface and screen shot the Values and post here.
In the PILOT APP > Settings > Quad Icon > Sensors. Pick her up and move her around and see if you have a value that is stuck.
I think one of the gyro or accelerometer is stuck. You can fix by tapping the phantom in the opposite direction to "free" up the lock.

And make sure you do the IMU calibration the moment you turn on your phantom.

There's another thread I read somewhere, maybe on the DJI forum that they whacked the side of the Phantom opposite the direction of it's original crash or malfunction direction. This corrected the error and allowed a successful IMU calibration and compass reset. Without taking the craft apart. So you may be on to something regarding a strong whack.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread like this, but this is the one my search yielded.

Can an IMU and/or gyro in need of a whack/calibration cause the gimbal to behave erratically?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31