Guys, help me pull the trigger

Another problem is if I get it, then like it. I know I'll be blowing 3000 on an inspire(I know wrong forum:D)
Actually you may not want an Inspire. It's too big, too expensive, can't backpack it, difficult to hand catch if impossible, and to get the real value out if it you need a second RC and a camera operator. That rig is truly for commercial purposes, and it's excellent at that role. Phantom is a fun craft that can take awesome photos and video, and it uses the same camera sensor as the Inspire with X3 camera. With Phantom 3 you can take it anywhere, including in a backpack on a bike, or on a plane on vacation. You'll be stoked the photos and video you can capture. You're making a good decision not getting the Standard, P3A will go 3X the distance, and it will blow you away.

If you know how to make a website, make a point to aerial video tape all your weekend and vacation trips to the mountains, ocean, etc. Post the videos and create a travel site telling about your recommendations for visiting these places. You can call it Brizzle Sizzles. Put some affiliate links in there for hotels, Goggle adsense, Amazon, etc so it creates income, then write off all your drone equipment on your taxes. Also write off the total cost of all those vacations and weekend trips you had to take to capture those awesome videos! So now all your play time is actually business related and you can write off the cost on taxes. My tax guy says it's legit, but you have to make money with the website or a related business to bundle with it so it shows a profit, at least in the second year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Gal
I don't necessarily see anything wrong with spending your tax refund on a drone. It's 110% a non-necessity, of course, but if you have the financial flexibility, go for it. What are the other things you're considering spending the money on? That's the real question.

I was in your same boat. It took me several weeks to pull the trigger on my P3A (and I even justified it to myself by thinking about my tax refund that I knew would be coming). No regrets at all! They're a whole lot of fun.
Just the guy I was looking for. Basically it was this or a new iPad :p

Actually you may not want an Inspire. It's too big, too expensive, can't backpack it, difficult to hand catch if impossible, and to get the real value out if it you need a second RC and a camera operator. That rig is truly for commercial purposes, and it's excellent at that role. Phantom is a fun craft that can take awesome photos and video, and it uses the same camera sensor as the Inspire with X3 camera. With Phantom 3 you can take it anywhere, including in a backpack on a bike, or on a plane on vacation. You'll be stoked the photos and video you can capture. You're making a good decision not getting the Standard, P3A will go 3X the distance, and it will blow you away.

If you know how to make a website, make a point to aerial video tape all your weekend and vacation trips to the mountains, ocean, etc. Post the videos and create a travel site telling about your recommendations for visiting these places. You can call it Brizzle Sizzles. Put some affiliate links in there for hotels, Goggle adsense, Amazon, etc so it creates income, then write off all your drone equipment on your taxes. Also write off the total cost of all those vacations and weekend trips you had to take to capture those awesome videos! So now all your play time is actually business related and you can write off the cost on taxes. My tax guy says it's legit, but you have to make money with the website or a related business to bundle with it so it shows a profit, at least in the second year.
Interesting input. Great points.

Yeah, the iPad Air 2 Cellular will also be great with the awesome Phantom 3 Advanced. ;-)
They actually go hand in hand...

RedHotPoker

What you gonna do? Time's caught up with you
Now you wait your turn, you know there's no return

Take your written rules, you join the other fools
Turn to something new..................................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20