Guy will sell me used battery for $65...

Reaction score
...and he says it can be checked by putting it in the drone and gong to settings. Can you see how much use a battery has that way?

You'll be able to see the battery life and total times charged. That won't tell you how the battery has been used and/or cared for though.

Ok...total times charged sounds like a winner to me. I have bought two other batteries from this guy and they have checked out ok. I think DJI overestimates flight time on each battery anyway, don't you?

I've never done extensive research on the flight times. If you already trust this guy though, then I think you already know what to do :)

Right. and what not to do, like ask too many questions :) Craig's List does come through from time to time.

So far they've come to me unboxed. The guy seems legit, he tells me between his business partner and himself he had 12 batteries and can afford to get rid of some. This one he says has 5 charges on it. I'm going to test it in my P3A to be sure. I've always felt Phantom batteries were ridiculously expensive. What would you do?

At $65 asking price i would buy new. Like all lipo packs the cells are aging even before dji buys them and puts them inside a batery pack. I want them as fresh as i can get them for max number of flights and buying new gives comfort of the warranty.

Let's see, paying $65 and being able to prove how many charges are on the battery vs. paying $150 new....I'll take my chances but thanks. Ill probably have them only another 2 months now that the P4 was announced so the whole she-bang is going to end up on eBay anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj