Gutted! 6 weeks in & another crack thread!

Structurally, this looks to be caused by the screws being tightened. And, if there is a solid plate on the other side of the plastic, then it is, at this time, mostly cosmetic.

Have any people had a flight failure they can pin on such a crack in the plastic?

With some background in aviation (as an aerial photographer, but one who was always inquisitive), this kind of crack would be a major concern to a manned aircraft. But for a 3 pound quad... I am thinking there is little real world risk here. But, I do not know for sure what is on the inside of that piece of plastic that the 4 screws dig into. If it is solid metal... I think it is no big deal.

Structurally, this looks to be caused by the screws being tightened. And, if there is a solid plate on the other side of the plastic, then it is, at this time, mostly cosmetic.

Have any people had a flight failure they can pin on such a crack in the plastic?

With some background in aviation (as an aerial photographer, but one who was always inquisitive), this kind of crack would be a major concern to a manned aircraft. But for a 3 pound quad... I am thinking there is little real world risk here. But, I do not know for sure what is on the inside of that piece of plastic that the 4 screws dig into. If it is solid metal... I think it is no big deal.
National no plate inside screws go straight to bottom of motor,,you can get proper plates to go on,,not sure link have to Google unless someone got pic of one,,,if clever you can make some,,alloy sheet cut to shape 4 holes and away,,,,

National no plate inside screws go straight to bottom of motor,,you can get proper plates to go on,,not sure link have to Google unless someone got pic of one,,,if clever you can make some,,alloy sheet cut to shape 4 holes and away,,,,
149350244943989266328.jpg

Then there is likely very little chance that this gets much worse or that it results in a loss of something. The motor body is metal. It is going to keep the plastic right where it is, IMHO.
1493503674875-1487335090.jpg
1493503715006-1489056331.jpg
this my p34k ,,started cracking within first dozen flights,,I was going to make some to hold all together looking at mine it not take much more

View attachment 81318 View attachment 81319 this my p34k ,,started cracking within first dozen flights,,I was going to make some to hold all together

The top photo looks like the integrity could be compromised. If the crack was only between the holes then the motor will be the support and it is stronger than the plastic to start with. But, once it gets outside of the motor structure... could be trouble.

The top photo looks like the integrity could be compromised. If the crack was only between the holes then the motor will be the support and it is stronger than the plastic to start with. But, once it gets outside of the motor structure... could be trouble.
Yes I not fly this till I fix or asking for trouble,,,lucky I got back up,,,but I know I not only one ,,I have seen some cracks,,,me p3 nearly worn out from so many flights but no cracks,,discovered one recently on side of me p4,,,,aaaarrrrgggg,,,,,,what next ha,,,,:) cheap plastic

Just fly! Don't worry about the crack until you notice it in flight.
I a little risky but would rather repair just to be safe,,another reason not to fly around houses ,,if something should happen there going to be damage:eek:,,bit lucky I have others for back up while I fix it,,,:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl