Guts

Reaction score
So here we go. Have not been able to find pics/specs that match what is in my vision 2+. Everyone I see doesn't have the wifi card. This is killing me casue there is basically no room to install extras. Which brings me to the topic...have a 14sg and can't find if it will bind to the vision 2+. Found ones that will tell you it will to the vision 2. The + is 5.8ghz while the 14sg is 2.4. If I need to install the 2.4 tx in the +, there just isn't much room. Should I keep the 14sg or not?

yrdbrd1 said:
So here we go. Have not been able to find pics/specs that match what is in my vision 2+. Everyone I see doesn't have the wifi card. This is killing me casue there is basically no room to install extras. Which brings me to the topic...have a 14sg and can't find if it will bind to the vision 2+. Found ones that will tell you it will to the vision 2. The + is 5.8ghz while the 14sg is 2.4. If I need to install the 2.4 tx in the +, there just isn't much room. Should I keep the 14sg or not?
;) Not sure if this helps, but the Vision and the Plus both have 2.4 Ghz wifi. That silver box next to the Phantom receiver in the bird is the wifi transmitter. No need to add any tx, it's already there.

So it should bind without adding the 2.4 that comes with 14sg? Only asking because I got the 14sg from a friend that demolished his ranger just after he ordered the 14. Have about a week to return it without restocking charges. $200 for a 14sg....can't turn it down :D And thank you for the reply!! Just found it strange that I have not seen a tut that shows the wifi tx.

Your aircraft is shipped being controlled on 5.8GHz so the iPhone/cellphone, etc. 2.8GHz WiFi can be used for FPV.

You cannot use your Futaba radio without first swapping the control receiver and then converting your FPV/telemetry over to 5.8 GHz.

I cannot address the space issue as I have a P2 so you need to decide if you may be better off using the Futaba system.

You will need to swap out the RX and possibly be a bit creative in terms of squeezing everything in!!

The Vision & Vision+ are quite different beasts when it comes to the radio and FPV link - compared to pretty much everything else on the market. They use 5.8GHz for control so that it does not interfere with the wifi camera link.

You will need to shell out for a new RX and also think about changing the wifi camera FPV to an analogue system... Oh, and change the camera!! If not, you risk the interference from the wifi causing loss of control signal.

In short, you are making a whole lot of work just to get a better TX. It is probably not worth the effort IMHO.

have a go pro 4 hero and hd muse gimbal that I "could" install. Would this make a difference with the interference?

Guess to be more straight forward....Have been flying for years. Basically inherited a bunch of stuff from my brother. Vision 2+ ver.2 stock. He also has 14sg (brand new) LK24-BT data link, zenmuse gimble and hero 4 silver. Nothing installed on stock quad. Just wondering what I need to keep and what needs to go. I have a few video jobs coming up. Am comfortable with the stock but wondering what I can do with the rest of equip. If it will adapt or not. :D And if anyone can recommend a retailer to do work on the vision in the Tampa Bay, FL area....would be greatly appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik