Guinn Video Tutorials

Reaction score
Before I actually purchased the Phantom ... back in April ... I was pretty impressed with the video tutorials of Colin Guinn, CEO of DJI Innovations. My question is, why doesn't he get in front of a camera again and provide Phantom owners with a decent explanation of how to install the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal ... ie proper way to upgrade the Zenmuse Assistant Software, upgrade the firmware for the Phantom, IMU, etc, and the corrrect step by step instructions for wiring everything up? Just from this forum alone, there seems to be a lot of confusion about that ... and a lot of problems with the gimbal, too it seems. DJI's video about mounting the Zenmuse H3-2D on the Phantom is a piece of crap. Cut out pointing with the finger and use some words!!! Cut out that crap background music, too. Wait a moment! That point is completely moot ... now we don't even use the PMU V2 ... there's an upgrade kit!!! Where's the new video for that? Come on Colin! Step up to the plate and start fixing some of this s**t like a good CEO should!

I've had my Zenmuse H3-2D since July 8th, but I couldn't install it because the PMU V2 wasn't available. It became availabe from my dealer here in Canada last Thursday, July 25th, but why would I purchase it now that the upgrade kit is available? So, I'm still in limbo ... still in waiting mode! My dealer says, this week sometime, but I've got my doubts! Also, I mentioned the problems gimbal owners seem to be having. He told me DJI would be addressing any issues with the gimbal on a case by case basis. Should be an interesting time when I finally get my hands on the upgrade kit and can begin the install. Hope the warranty on the unit hasn't run out by that time. ;) I hope, too, that Guinn has some decent videos by that time. You listening, Colin?

Good points made. I purchased the Phantom and immediately ordered a Zenmuse. Back ordered and luckily I had to go out of town for a month and had my Phantom with me so I didn't get it installed with the PMU. Once I got back I found out about the upgrade board which in my opinion is what should have gone out 1st. Lighter and made for the gimbal and Phantom combo. So here I wait. If its much longer im going to move to a larger platform.
At least my dealer doesn't charge me until the gimbal is installed.
DJI is having major pr issues. They really need to get ahead of this issue or they will start to see a defection of customers. If it hasn't been for my dealers professionalism I would have blown this BS off as a lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same thing happened to me! I was in Labrador on a fly fishing trip for ten days ... no e-mail ... no internet. When I got back, checked to see if my dealer had gotten the PMU V2 unit in while I was gone and lo and behold! now there's an upgrade kit! Way to go DJI! If someone doesn't soon do something, DJI's gonna' go the way of the Dodo bird, in my opinion. If I hadn't purchased all this stuff ... Phantom, spare batteries, spare props, extra charger, Zenmuse H3-2D ... knowing what I know now, I'd be looking elsewhere! And, unless something is done soon, that would be my advice for any prospective buyer!

To be honest. I think when the Zenmuse was released DJI should have said. "Folks, here it is, you can put it on anything except thePhantom until we have the board that makes it work for thePhantom. If anybody installs it on Phantom you are doing this without DJI warranty". Huge mistake for DJI and expensive mistake for there Phantom customers.
And please, re right the directions in English for English speaking customers.

Zircon said:
Exact same thing happened to me! I was in Labrador on a fly fishing trip for ten days ... no e-mail ... no internet. When I got back, checked to see if my dealer had gotten the PMU V2 unit in while I was gone and lo and behold! now there's an upgrade kit! Way to go DJI! If someone doesn't soon do something, DJI's gonna' go the way of the Dodo bird, in my opinion. If I hadn't purchased all this stuff ... Phantom, spare batteries, spare props, extra charger, Zenmuse H3-2D ... knowing what I know now, I'd be looking elsewhere! And, unless something is done soon, that wold be my advice for any prospective buyer!
Exactly the way I feel. I purchased the whole package. If I had not gone out if town and installed the PMU I would be one pissed off customer just like the thousands of pissed off customers out there now. Whew!

I agree with you, this tutorial by Dji is ridiculous!! There are many detalis that they didn't show to us!!

But Zircon, do you are sucessfull with your upgrade Kit? I installed mine but I don't understand why, my GPS module doesn't work!! look my picture!!

I need your help pleaseeeee!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• aa 2.jpg
    aa 2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1,010

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member