Guide for Noob

pk5

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Is there a guide for noob somewhere that I can read? I am completely new to the phantom, but I can't seem to find any comprehensive guide (and got lost between all the posts) that explain the different between all the model. If anyone can point me to a guide that would be great, if not, I have a few questions below.

Thanks

1. Is there a significant between the Phantom 1/FC40 and the rest of the series as far as handling? (Beside battery life)
2. I am looking to do aerial photography for projects, the company already have a Gopro Hero 3, so should I stick with that or consider one of the build in?
3. The budget that I was allow is $500, what should I consider to make the best use of what I have?
4. What do I need to have to use a Gimbal setup? It seem as if all I need to do is wire the gimbal into the phantom, is there anything that I need to do on the control end?
5. If I want FPV from the go-pro, so that I can see what I am taking photo of, do I need a 5.8 transmitter for the go-pro? Just to prevent interference with the phantom?
6. Some of the aftermarket gimbal (ebay) have notice that say something along the line of "controller not included", what does this mean?

Thanks, didn't know they have a guide.

I guess some of the question have been answered.

But just wondering, how come this forum doesn't have something like a sticky or introduction guide to phantom that can be updated regularly? Seem like you guy would get question like this every other day.

ChimayMan said:
pk5 said:
Thanks, didn't know they have a guide.

So you bought this flying toy thing and you did not know that there was user manual? You didn't realize that the crazy Google thing had the answers to most of your simplistic questions?

Really?

Please see above, by guide...i mean the wiki page that list specs. I have not purchased a "flying toy thing", as I am still trying figure out which one would work within the budget.

Google does not answer any question in regard to the after market gimbal systems, if you know of any link to such, please provide them as I still couldn't find them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers