Guess its finally my turn: 1.8 FW RC Disconnected

Just for the heck of it. I plugged in my Iphone to my RC and it connected to the Phantom. Its letting me update my RC now. So strange that it won't work with my Ipad. I'll see what happens after all this beeping and updates are done..

1.5.80 is what it's showing that is installing

You will need 1.60 on RC to connect to 1.8 of aircraft.

Let's see how does it go

We have noticed that Go App installer doesn't install app over the previous build reliably. Reasons not known to us. It is therefore better to delete the app before installing the update.

So its successfully on 1.60 and connects NP to my Iphone. WILL NOT connect to my ipad. Any settings on the Ipad that need to be changed? This is an Ipad Mini 3. Its the first time I've used it with my Phantom.

Congrats for getting to the latest.

Better clean your iPad now as you are free of the major issue.

Follow the instructions below:
1. Delete Go App
2. Reboot your iPad
3. Download and install the latest Go app ( you can't get old :) )
4. Reboot iPad, don't switch on Go app yet
5. Connect iPad to RC
6. Switch on iPad
7. Run Go app
8. Enter Camera view
9. Check the versions

You can switch on P3 also and check the versions again

Yes I did and I followed every step of Alokbhargava's steps. No change.

I will try resetting my ipad back to square one and see what happens.

Well I guess that's about it. I reset my Ipad back to factory and didn't even do a restore. I set it up as a new ipad and installed the DJI GO app. Still absolutely NOTHING on connecting to the RC/Phantom. How disappointing.

Well I guess that's about it. I reset my Ipad back to factory and didn't even do a restore. I set it up as a new ipad and installed the DJI GO app. Still absolutely NOTHING on connecting to the RC/Phantom. How disappointing.
Very unfortunate. I'm sure there is definitely a bug in DJI Go app but we don't know what's it? And how to overcome in your situation?

Are you able to connect to aircraft with your iPhone now? If true, at least major issue is resolved.

Read this thread from this post onwards and see if any of it resonates with you. When I read it, it sounds like your same problem. Setting to factory a very specific way fixed it for several in this thread. It's at least worth a try at this point.

iPad mini 4 - not connecting- NOW SOLVED :-)

Reactions: JoBe
Read this thread from this post onwards and see if any of it resonates with you. When I read it, it sounds like your same problem. Setting to factory a very specific way fixed it for several in this thread. It's at least worth a try at this point.

iPad mini 4 - not connecting- NOW SOLVED :-)

THank you!. I just happened to be reading that thread myself and am doing a full recovery/Reinstall of IOS on my ipad now. Fingers crossed.

How did you do factory restore? Did you use iTunes? I am trying to verify is usb port on your iPad is good for all data lines.

A huge thank you to everyone's help here! The Itunes restore is what did it.

CCDD's post on this thread: iPad mini 4 - not connecting- NOW SOLVED :-)

Apparently he knew putting the Ipad in Recovery mode and letting Itunes download and reinstall the IOS did way more than just doing a Reset and reloading the app.

After I did the Recovery it saw my latest backup from 4/4 and I applied that. Not only did I get my DJI GO app working now but my 32 channel hack is back as well!.

Soo relieved to have everything up to date and working again. Not to mention what a learning experience!.

Thank you so much for the support guys!. I can't say enough about how awesome this community is!.

A huge thank you to everyone's help here! The Itunes restore is what did it.

CCDD's post on this thread: iPad mini 4 - not connecting- NOW SOLVED :-)

Apparently he knew putting the Ipad in Recovery mode and letting Itunes download and reinstall the IOS did way more than just doing a Reset and reloading the app.

After I did the Recovery it saw my latest backup from 4/4 and I applied that. Not only did I get my DJI GO app working now but my 32 channel hack is back as well!.

Soo relieved to have everything up to date and working again. Not to mention what a learning experience!.

Thank you so much for the support guys!. I can't say enough about how awesome this community is!.
Glad to have helped, but most of all glad that you got it solved. Cheers.

Upgrade RC using DJI Go App. RC version should be 1.6.0

Have patience, you will succeed.

You should finally get following:

View attachment 50555
Hi, Has anything been resolved on this? I'm thinking my remote is just bad as I can use another remote and the drone works just fine. My screen that shows the versions are all blank except the app which is the same as you are showing but the others are 'N/A" This is an interesting topic. This has been the only problem that I can't figure out. I have two copters and neither will connect to the RC even tho the RC is showing a green light as if it's connected.

All I get is "downgrade is not available for this device"
Since this issue started for you after a FW update, did you also update your RC when you updated your Phantom? With Phantom FW 1.8, you must use RC FW 1.6.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj