Guages on Video

You can't have (as far as I know) the telemetry data showing on the video recorded by the quad, you can however use something like Mobizen to capture the screen image on an android phone, then use a video editor to place the video in the video.

you can use a Flytrex Core to record the telemetry data, but now dashware have gone out of business i'm not sure what software you can use to put it onto the video

What??? Dashware went out of business?? Their web site is still up. Try to buy it and you get the message "Thank you for your interest in DashWare. We decided to temporarily disable downloads and new sales in order to focus on our next release. Existing users can upgrade to the latest version of DashWare here." Something I am missing?

I just seen a post yesterday that dash ware now has a new thing out were you can see your flight overlay on to a Google map and simulate your flight from the flytrax data. So I dont think they went out of business and instead just stopped doing the dashware software.

J.James said:
I just seen a post yesterday that dash ware now has a new thing out were you can see your flight overlay on to a Google map and simulate your flight from the flytrax data. So I dont think they went out of business and instead just stopped doing the dashware software.

Got a link with info? I think what your talking about has nothing to do with Dashware, only using the CSV file with Google maps. Dashware has done nothing since Oct 2014. No sales, no support, and no updates = no business. You cant pay programmers with 0 cash flow. They even removed the link to download gauges for existing users..

The only alternative I know is RaceRender.

PhantomPhreak said:
. . . . Dashware has done nothing since Oct 2014. No sales, no support, and no updates = no business. You cant pay programmers with 0 cash flow. They even removed the link to download gauges for existing users..
For those who already have the software and gauges they need, will Dashware going out of business affect their ability to make videos combined with Flytrex data? I don't think so but please let me know if I'm wrong.
Now if Flytrex went out of business (or ended the ability to convert their data to a .csv file) that would be bad for me.

Well apparently Dashware has an electronic licence check, so will need to check that with Wireshark and see if its something that can be bypassed or have a simple response check.

I am able to activate and deactivate my licence at present, but who knows if / when the server goes down, you can still download gauges via the emails you received eg if its one you have already downloaded. So they are still there, they are just not directing us there. If they went out of business, I would hope they would release a final update without the licence check and provide all the gauges for download.

GaryDZ said:
Now if Flytrex went out of business (or ended the ability to convert their data to a .csv file) that would be bad for me.
oh no it wouldn't, try this ;) http://www.lmsw.at/copter/FpvLogAnalyser_V1.0.0.7.zip

not sure how i can retrieve the files once i replace the Core with the 3GLive, but i'll come to that problem when it arrives

Anyone live in the area?

DashWare
1421 Wilbur Avenue
San Diego, California 92109

Looking as the address, I would say its a private residence so I am guessing the one programmer etc, so they might be focusing on something else, having to do full time work, health issues etc. Maybe if someone lives near there they could go an ask, if they have shut down, maybe he can release a final version that doesn't have an electronic license check so we are not reliant on the server being online etc. Maybe even enable gauges download for a period so we can all download them for backup.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik