GS5 Cable issue

Reaction score
I have the GS5 phone that comes with a USB 3.0 SUPERSPEED to the phone and micro USB Male that does not fit the controller. Is there another cable I can buy or do I have to use an adapter of some sort?

I assume you have a P3S from looking at your avatar picture. What are you trying to do with the cable? A micro USB cable is needed if you want to download the logs or videos/pictures from the drone/camera to the computer.

You don't need to connect that cable from your phone to your controller to fly like P3A/P. The micro USB port on the controller is for charging only.

Last edited:
I assume you have a P3S from looking at your avatar picture. What are you trying to do with the cable? A micro USB cable is needed if you want to download the logs or videos/pictures from the drone/camera to the computer.

You don't need to connect that cable from your phone to your controller to fly like P3A/P. The micro USB port on the controller is for charging only.
I thought I had too. So how would I open up the other features like "Follow Me, Points of interest etc."?

Follow Me uses your phone's GPS and POI does not need your phone's GPS to work.

Download the DJI GO app from Google Play onto your phone. Follow the instructions the app tells you. You'll have to attavh to the P3's Wi-Fi network...there are some great videos on YouTube showing you step by step instructions. Make sure the video addresses a Phantom 3 STANDARD as they set up a little differently, and when uploading the updates give it 20-30 minutes while the bird is beeping and flashing...

I figured it out I have to have the phantom in the air and toggle the right remote switch all the way down for the options to come up on the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers