GS for Ipad

Reaction score
My GS for Ipad has been working really well for months now.My Ipad upgraded to ios 9 and 9.1. Now GS no longer works. I waited too long and now apple won't let me revert to ios 8.4.1. Do you think DJI can fix this or do I have to go and try and buy a second hand Ipad with ios 8.4.1.

Johnbig

Oh, I almost forgot. It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. Enjoy the forum.

Hi Modzilla, thanks for the welcome. I have tried to downgrade three or four times in the last few days and after I have down loaded the IPSW file it tells me I'm not allowed to use it (I've forgotten the exact words). I think it's got to do with me using iTunes on a PC. I don't know anyone else with a iPad as I'm 67 and always hated Apple but I love my ground station and hope either DJI or Apple sort out this Bluetooth problem. If I turn offbluetooth the GS runs ok, but when it's on it just goes away.

Johnbig

As of Wednesday evening Apple has stopped signing iOS 8.4.1, as well as iOS 9.0, after the release of iOS 9.0.2 to the public. You are stuck with iOS9 at this point. I can only assume that DJI will fix this. I use GS myself so I feel your frustration although I did not update and won't anytime soon. I jailbreak my devices so until they release a jailbreak for 9.X I will stay put.

Am I the only one stuck with a great piece of kit that I can't use till either DJI or crapple do something. I wish they could put us out of our misery and outline their intentions.

It is up to DJI to keep up with iOS updates. Unfortunately GS is a thing of the past now that it is integrated in everything new it could be a long fruitless wait. Lets hope they don't leave us older users stranded.

Reactions: Jeff Lord

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers