GS fail safe?

Reaction score
ok so my GS sometimes loses connection to P2. and its not that far out. well today i had a big scare. was over the beach about 500m out with waypoints when it lost connection and went into wpt fail safe. well that is a bad thing. it just hovered there and wouldn't do anything. i could not gain control with my tx. i walked the bluetooth adapter with rx towards the P2 until it gained control and then my tx finally was able to take over. i hope there is a setting were i can set waypoint fail safe to go home. also it sucks that it loses connection so easily. also the 5 mile radius from a major airport sucks too. went on dii site saw the circle drove 1 mile past circle. open up GS and it showed me still in red zone and my location was right. on iPad was about 1.75 miles further then on web site.

The Ground Station does still capitalize on the Phantom 2's inherent Return-to-Home ability, if that's what you're asking. You can tell it to RTH or it will automatically RTH if it loses communications or has issues with the coordinates.

That's my understanding, at least.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

yeah that was mine too. but that did not happen. i have it set to go home and land and i know this works cause i always fly out of tx range and go into fails safe all the time. I'm definitely not shy about long flights.

When the GS announces that connection has been lost it's actually the BT connection between the IPad and the ground component.
To increase range of the ground station I use a the first four thicker sections of a fibreglass fishing pole and zip tie the TX/RX, lipo, and BT to the top which raises it off the ground by about 16ft, it also increases the range of the BT unit as I have a tendency to wander about a bit.

I'm now using an Ardupilot and finding this far superior to the iPad Groundstation as there is more information available on screen, I can overlay the video from the multi onto the HUD using a cheap EZcap device, and DJI can no longer prevent me from flying where I wish :lol:

Regards

Nidge

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1