GS App display

Reaction score
I just received my Phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 and had to return it for an exchange due to a bad motor (what a bummer) :cry:

Question, when flying GS and you loose wifi signal does the app display just go blank, freeze, or does the app signal the loss with a message? I mean how do you tell which signal is lost, control or wi-fi ?

You found the answer? Do you want to share or is it a secret? I would be curious to know. Thanks..

Sorry,

Basically, "connection loss" is referring to 2.4 MHz wifi and "control loss" is loss of the 5.8 MHz signal between the RC and Phantom. I just was confused as which was which. I'm a newbie but I've always been confused. :D

HA. Good...thanks for the info. :D

Thanks...for the info. I keep losing connection (wifi) with my Galaxy S4 phone, so I just did a test with my Galaxy Tab (in the house) and it seems to work great..so I am going to try to fly with it when the weather cooperates.

I'm setting around waiting for my Plus v3 as I had to return the first one before Xmas due a bad motor. During this time I've been doing a lot of reading and looking on YouTube.

Good luck

I

I've got a question which hopefully can be answered without a new topic.

I have both a iPad Air and Android Tab with the DJI software installed. On the ipad I can swipe into GS map page and view the map but can not set any waypoints. On the Android device when I swipe to get the GS page I only get a quick glimpse of the page which is grey without any map data. GS has been selected in settings.

My question, is this normal? Do I first have to connect to the Phantom before the app will display the map on the Android device? And what about setting waypoints on the map when not connected to wifi? I know I have to have maps cached but I just can't get the page to display on the Android, and even with ipad I can't set waypoints.

The reason I ask is I saw a guy on YouTube demonstrating how to set waypoints and he said he didn't have his Phantom with him in the field and had his maps cached.

I have the same setup. Just bought an ipad mini with cellular and wifi. And I have a Samsung galaxy Tab, wifi only. I haven't had time to fly yet but it appears that the Samsung Tab seems to work better (in the house). I have "cached" some maps on my phone but haven't tried it on the Tablets yet (going to try right now) just cached some maps on my galaxy tab for another area. Seemed to work without the Phantom on. I can't setup waypoints because I am only about 4 miles from an airport. I take that back, I can set them up but then I get an error that says I can't do waypoint flying in a restricted area! Its not bad out today I may take both tablets out back and try them out in the sun and see how they look. I will post the results later on.

Well I just went out and tested the iPad mini and the Samsung Galaxy tab. Bright sunlight today, so you need the sunshade without a doubt. The Galaxy seemed to work the best
in fact the iPad wouldn't let me turn the motors on? So I am going to reload the app and see what happens. AHHH...I bragged earlier about never crashing. Don't brag I was playing with the Tablet and the quad drifted into my deck and whoops a couple of props gone. Stupid mistake........but oh well stuff happens.

Bottom line. The Samsung Tablet seemed to work the best. I don't think the Vision App is really for the iPad, I am guessing more for the iPhone. P.S. crashed into my deck while messing with the tablets..duh
oh well no damage I can see, other than new props. Btw both screens are hard to see in the bright sunlight so a sunshade is a must. I have one and it helped.

JDNC said:
I've got a question which hopefully can be answered without a new topic.

I have both a iPad Air and Android Tab with the DJI software installed. On the ipad I can swipe into GS map page and view the map but can not set any waypoints. On the Android device when I swipe to get the GS page I only get a quick glimpse of the page which is grey without any map data. GS has been selected in settings.

My question, is this normal? Do I first have to connect to the Phantom before the app will display the map on the Android device? And what about setting waypoints on the map when not connected to wifi? I know I have to have maps cached but I just can't get the page to display on the Android, and even with ipad I can't set waypoints.

The reason I ask is I saw a guy on YouTube demonstrating how to set waypoints and he said he didn't have his Phantom with him in the field and had his maps cached.

Before you connect to the Phantom go to the vision app and open the way point page then move the map around so the app can store the map data. You need live internet to do this, that is why need to do prior to connect to phantom--no internet then

So the results of testing the iPad mini and the Samsung Tablet were.......drum roll. It was pretty windy and I have a small backyard so I was playing with the tablets and the Phantom drifted into my deck, yikes crash. Oh well no damage except new props. But the Galaxy Tablet seemed to work the best, but I still have a hard time seeing them in the bright sunlight even with the sunshade on. But I didn't lose connection, which is my major concern. I just purchased the RE700 to replace the RE500 so when I can I will try that out also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl