Groundstation_can get it to work/communicated

Reaction score
Hello there

I just bought the DJI groundstation to use it with a PC

I have installed the drivers and programs from the companion installation CD (except the .Net framework 3.5 and Explore 8 due to I allready have installed the Net frame 4.5.1 and Explore 11.
I dont need the GPS exporter so I skipped that to)

After launching the GS and passing the opening screen I try to press the connect button in the top ribbon. Next to this button it is noted that the COM 3 is in use. I have no idea which one of my many USB ports and have connected my ground end unit to. I seems I dont have a choice. Regardless swithing the connection of the ground end unit to other USB ports the COM 3 remains next to the connect button???
Why is it COM 3 every time? I have tried to installed on two PC and COm 3 is choosed both time!!!
When pressing the connect button, GS tries to make a handshake with the maincontroller, but fails.
GS suggest the following 4 point solutions:
1. Check the data link power! How do I do this? The ground end has a solid green (link) and a blinking red (tx/rx). The air end has a solid green (link) and a blinking green (tx/rx))
2. Make sure you have installes data link driver fro DC! I did installe all that, incl assistance software and drives from DJI.com
3. Check the serial port selection is correct! How do I do this?
4. Make sure that the two data link teminal placed not too close! Is that the ground end and air end? Then I have over 6 meters between thoose two units.

It seems that my problem is that GS cant communicate with the ground end.
I have connected both USB connectors from the GS to USB ports on the PC.
I have tried to switch thoose two USB connectors to other ports.
I have installed the assistance software for datalink, but can not connect to that either.
I have installed the USB drivers from the installation CD.
I have installed the DataLink driver (from dji.com for 2.4 GHZ)

I really need som help here, orthervise I have to return the product to the dealer.

Have any of You Guys tried something simular? I have did you solve the issue?

Hope You can help me.
Regards

Morten Gabel (denmark)

Mine always defaults to com3, but works fine when I manually select com4 instead in the drop-down menu where you see it displayed. I have no idea why it defaults to 3. Do you not have com4 available as a choice there?

I only have the COM 3 port to choose. I have no options!

The dealer has told me that the COM 3 has nothing to do which USB port to select.
The COM 3 has something to do with some protocol stuff. I have to chance something controlpanel/unit under Windows. But I dont know what I am looking after.

Apperently Groundstation cant see/reconize the Ground End unit which in connected to the USB ports.

So I need some help to make this possible.

Regards

Morten

Have you ever had the Phantom connect successfully to its Assistant software on the PC?

It's possible this is the one download/install you're missing: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... taller.zip

That's the one basic "DJI driver" for windows, that needs to be installed along with any other device-specific drivers for connecting to a PC. If the main assistant software for the Phantom connects between the PC and the Phantom successfully (not just loading the software, but where you can see and make settings changes in real time), then that driver is already installed and working. That's just the only other thing I can think of that you might not already have in place.

I have no problem connection the Phantom to the assistance software.

But I cant connect the Datalink to its assistance software for upgrading firmware.

The LEDs on the Ground End and Air End units lights up as I supposed it should. Solid green on the Link and blinking red and green for sending and recieving.

I have no idea what the problem is and the DJI support in Europe does not responed to my questions.

I belive that I am not the only one with this problem, so I still have hope for a solution, Othervice I will return the product for a refund.

Regards

Morten

Regarding the COM port selection in Groundstation, I do not have a choice. I can only choose the COM 3.
If I make a chancement in "unit control" under the "controlpanel" then this will be effected in the Groundstation. Like chancing the COM 3 to COM 7 then I can only choose COM 7 in GS.

Does it make sence?

Regards

Morten

BREAKING NEWS_Groundstation_can get it to work/communicated

I found out that I needed to install Phantom 2 assistant software ver. 2.00 to get Things working.
I upgraded the assistant software and after that I the upgraded the firmware for the Main Controller and the Central Board to its respective versions and now I have connection between GS and the Phantom. Thats great :cool:

But now I have another problem. When launching the newly installed assitant software it starts up, but I am not able use the "View", "Basic", "Advance" and "Tools" options. When trying I am told that "Main Controller firmware mis-macth" or "You need to upgrade the firmware to the newest version", this regardless that I am running the newest firmware!!!

I am not to happy about using the Phantom, with óut being able to control/check things in the Assitant software.
So what do I do now? I have tried several times to reinstall the firmware, but without any luck.

Any ideas to gets Things moving? Is it possible to reboot the Phantom and the reinstal the firmware?

Another thing is that in the release note for the Phantom 2 dated d. 26. march 2014 it is noted that the newest firmware version for the Main Controller is version 2.00. But in the Assistent software it is noted that the newest firmware is version 3.00. Strange og is it at mistake?

Regards

Morteb

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers