Groundstation is coming

Blade and Ed can only tell you what DJI tells them. And even if their sources tell them one thing, DJI management can change course at any time.

That's what I'm saying nobody has any idea until it's released.

Yep. That's right. What to do. Wait. Wait for those youtube videos showing you exactly what you wanted to see then make your purchase. Nothing wrong with that. I just can't believe DJI has gotten away with no GS on the Inspire platform when it still shows it's there in their on-line tutorials.

I just got an email that says groundstation is coming to the Inspire and P3, in the next few months. Tahoe Ed confirmed it on RCgroups.
Hopefully they will take a page from the 3DR book and offer "Orbit", "Cable Cam" "Selfie" and "Follow"

Even Walkera offers an Orbit mode.............DJI is falling behind

What is the "3DR book?" Where can I see these features be demonstrated?

Once GS is available from DJI then ill buy a P3 would not risk any of the third party app's been there done that and most of the paid ones are very buggy (Coffie's app not included in this statement ) where as Dji's own GS for me is rock solid.

Last edited:
Once GS is available from DJI then ill buy a P3 would not risk any of the third party app's been there done that and most of the paid ones are very buggy (Coffie's app not included in this statemeent ) where as Dji's own GS for me is rock solid.
I've bought 3 and only seen one issue and that was with the follow me mode. There was an ongoing issue with the camera buy that was in DJI's SDK. GS has been rock solid, and better than DJI's version.

What they absolutely positively must have with the new Ground Station and the existing, is the ability to change the default height of all waypoints. Many of us fly on property with trees. You miss not resetting just one of those waypoint heights, and it's tree pruning time.

Yes, I agree. I have pretty high trees around me as well. I've set the RTH to a nice height, but we need to manually change those waypoints each time.

I personally know two gents who fly P2V+'s. We share our videos and stories. One guy has crashed two times using GS, and the other guy barely made it back after clipping a branch (in GS mode). No other crashes. I'm sure many of these so called "flyaways" were the result improper use and not fully understanding GS. Thats why I think DJI wanted to get away from it. Who knows, maybe pressure from the masses and competition had the bigs rethink their strategy. "DJI, in GS, at minimum, please allow us to change the default altitude for each waypoint. And, before proceeding to the first waypoint, have the Phantom climb to that altitude."

Last edited:
That's why many (including myself) set the first Waypoint at launch site so it climbs the full Monty before it even leaves.

That's why many (including myself) set the first Waypoint at launch site so it climbs the full Monty before it even leaves.
I did exactly that at first but after a while, I got into the habit of climbing manually and starting my runs at altitude. My problem is, I usually have a lot of obstacles to clear and that first waypoint has got to be strait up.

Hopefully they will take a page from the 3DR book and offer "Orbit", "Cable Cam" "Selfie" and "Follow"

Even Walkera offers an Orbit mode.............DJI is falling behind

You're right it's not out yet. You don't EVEN know if it's going to have these "ground breaking must have" features you speak of and then say DJI is falling behind. Talk about who's behind here, 3DR DOESN'T EVEN OFFER A DECENT CAMERA!!!!!!

You're right it's not out yet. You don't EVEN know if it's going to have these "ground breaking must have" features you speak of and then say DJI is falling behind. Talk about who's behind here, 3DR DOESN'T EVEN OFFER A DECENT CAMERA!!!!!!

Nether did DJI before the P3 came along LOL. The Vision 2 camera was crap, I know because I still have mine. I also have a P2 and use a Go Pro 4 on it. Like it or not the GP4 currently has the edge over any DJI camera.

In the next few months, three main features announced with the Phantom 3 will be coming to the Inspire 1

I personally know two gents who fly P2V+'s. We share our videos and stories. One guy has crashed two times using GS, and the other guy barely made it back after clipping a branch (in GS mode). No other crashes. I'm sure many of these so called "flyaways" were the result improper use and not fully understanding GS. Thats why I think DJI wanted to get away from it. Who knows, maybe pressure from the masses and competition had the bigs rethink their strategy. "DJI, in GS, at minimum, please allow us to change the default altitude for each waypoint. And, before proceeding to the first waypoint, have the Phantom climb to that altitude."

Great Point

You better have good depth perception or your toast, or get a Very Very long tape measure and walk it first, I've been using a laser tape measure that goes to 260 feet. But some times I can't get a firm mark in bright light. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj