Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

Why are you holding the reset button in to install 1.6?
Tried without. Did nothing. Let it sit >30 min. No apparent change, no indication per PDFs and other vids that it was doing any FW install.

Failing that, I tried per the video you posted on page 1 of this thread:
Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?
The vid said to hold it down while it powered up. Then when it starts beeping, release. I did. It however limped the camera before it began the rapid beeping per the video.

Like I said, I am trying all the options I can think of praying that ONE of them will work.

Since you are approved vendor and fix drones, would it possible to get approval from DJI to fix the drone?
God, I would love to have someone with a clue look at it!

Forgot to mention, it did create DCIM and MISC folder off the root along with CalibrationData.bin and UserSettings.bin in the root. However DCIM, empty. IDX,LOG,THM and XCODE in MISC also empty. It has never created a log file.

Maybe its pertinent maybe not... I (being a backup freak) imaged the original SD card shortly after I got it and before I took the first flight. I just cracked that open and took a look around. There are files scattered throughout the various folder in MISC. And it did have a log file called P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt in the LOG folder. It contained this:
[00000829][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000828][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000829][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000830][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000830][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000828][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000831][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000831][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).

Now, note that this a backup from BEFORE I took even the first flight on Tuesday. All systems were apparently working at that point. So why the continuous fail?

And why hasn't it made that log file since the camera fail even though it makes all the folders, it puts nothing in them.

When you attempted to install 1.6 (hopefully by following these instructions), was a TXT file created on the root of the memory card? If not or if you did not follow my instructions, then give it another try by following these instructions exactly.

Yes, I followed your instructions EXACTLY. NO text file was created. NO text file has been created since the camera started acting this way by any method (yours nor the video you posted).

That's pretty odd. I've never seen a case where the TXT file was not created when following the steps correctly. It looks like you're best bet is to ship it back to DJI for repair.

That's pretty odd. I've never seen a case where the TXT file was not created when following the steps correctly. It looks like you're best bet is to ship it back to DJI for repair.
Right. Thats what I arrived at last night.

I believe the gimbal board is powering off or at least shutting down before the main board can access the FW bin file off the SD. If the gimbal board isn't available to the main board to read the SD, it can't do ANY FW update nor would it be able to write anything like a log file to it. I believe that the folder structure is created by the gimbal board during boot if it doesn't already exist.

That also explains why the SD is accessible during boot (windows) but then when the gimbal goes limp, the drive letter disappears and the SD is no longer accessible in windows.

Before you send it back, try this as I can almost guarantee its you SD card. I had the exact problem you did and here's what fixed it for me;
On your PC, format your sd card using quick format and leave the allocation unit size to whatever is displayed (do not change it to default allocation size).
Then copy just the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC. Insert to the P3 and power up.
Originally I had set the default allocation in quick format and copied with USB 3.0 ports and got the problem you described.
Others have had success formatting the card using the P3 and the Go App instead of a PC. Good luck!

Not possible to format it via GO. No camera functions available since its not working. No format. Can't change settings. Nothing.

I did format it (quick) each time before placing the BIN. And I never changed the block settings.
I also have tried 2 different cards. The one that came with it and a new SanDisk Ultra Extreme 32g I bought the other night.

The card reader I have is USB2. I am not sure I have a 3.0 port on my PC upstairs, I think they are all 2.0. The laptop might have 3.0 (HP Spectre) since its fairly new.

Ok. For me it was my 3rd card that worked as I found out they are not all created equal, but formatting with 2.0 ports was the winner. Sorry, I tried [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. For me it was my 3rd card that worked as I found out they are not all created equal, but formatting with 2.0 ports was the winner. Sorry, I tried [emoji17]

Hey brother, I am game for trying anything rather than waiting 4 months before I see my bird again.

I already had a thread going there too:
DJI Forum|Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

But, hey, I really appreciate the effort! This is exactly why I really like this forum. People like you, taking the extra steps. If people did that in life more, the world would be way less f'd up than it is.

I just received an email from DJI:
We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product. We recommend sending your product into our North American Support center, for diagnosis and repair. Please reply with the below info, so we can arrange for a RMA repair. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in your reply. We look forward to assisting you soon!

Shipping Address (no PO box):
Phone number:
Name of DJI Product:
Purchase date of product:
Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
Brief Description of damage or technical issue:
Troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue before contacting support:
Regards, DJI Customer Support

And so it begins...

Good luck mate, hope it's quick. Some (alright a few) have reported a less than 2 week turnaround

Thats what Ken on the DJI forums says. However that number seems to be in the minority.

OK, I just read the whole thing, You promise you will give us an update.. Guess what sucks is I had to send two units into them for repair. They never told me what they fixed.
:rolleyes:

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product. We recommend sending your product into our North American Support center, for diagnosis and repair. Please reply with the below info, so we can arrange for a RMA repair. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in your reply. We look forward to assisting you soon!

Shipping Address (no PO box):
Phone number:
Name of DJI Product:
Purchase date of product:
Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
Brief Description of damage or technical issue:
Troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue before contacting support:

Regards,

DJI Customer Support
As an update, still no response to the email replied to 1/22. They asked for info. I gave it. I linked my video. I linked this thread and the thread over on DJI's forum with similar info. I even put the synopsys from my original email to them.

No reply. Sent it at noon yesterday. I presume its gonna sit in an inbox until Monday.

Current status: Waiting for instructions and a shipping label.

They finally acknowledged its broke :) I just got an email with an attached form to fill out and a second email with packing instructions and a PDF containing a shipping label.

So, here we go...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31