Ground Station

Harlequin said:
Hi all

Just wondered, is there a ground station available for the FC40...?
No

Thanks guys

On a separate issue, is there any other way of taking the feed from the FC40 camera other than the native app as I'd like to feed to a non android device also if at all possible...?

Harlequin said:
Thanks guys

On a separate issue, is there any other way of taking the feed from the FC40 camera other than the native app as I'd like to feed to a non android device also if at all possible...?

Well, maybe. I saw something about someone trying to hack the camera to work with another software, but they were having a problem identifying the ID of the camera for the wifi network. I'm still trying to find that thread. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic. ... 1&start=20

But back to your original question of a Ground Station for the FC40, and the answer is still no there is no "official" device or software, it seems someone has worked out a mod for it. While not very costly the upgrade seems extensive. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13442

If you use a kindle you can get an ap that lets you install regular android aps on the kindle. and then it will let you install the fc40s camera ap and use the kindle. And the kindle gets better wifi reception range then even the best wifi repeaters. and better then any one has reported getting on any smart phone.

I am able to push out over 350m with just the kindle. Tho I still think thats not nearly far enough even if it is 2-4 times the range others get on smart phone with the FC40. Tho that I should have that nut cracked soon. Going to get working on it some time after memorial day.

It will work.. The ground station that is

I soderd a dji Pmu module to the power on the Phantom 1.1.1 mother bord and then connected it to the Naza m v2. Then the data link plugs into the pmu from the ground station. It will be tight in the case once everything is in. I have to say its a little weird to see your quad fly off without being on the sticks. The waypoint feature it awesome.. Though a word to the wise. Your first waypoint should be over your take off point if there are flight hazards around. Because once you hit ok.. The quad immediately will start its accent and flight angle towards the first way point altitude. I found it much better to achieve your desired altitude first then head off towards your way points. Second, watch your battery power.. It's easy to loose track while using the ground station. I usually return to home when my voltage drops to 11. I have had the ground station before screaming at me about my battery power level. Yes it has voice alerts (ground station) and it's a little unnerving to hear while trying to land.. Or should say have the ground station land for you.. I know now after my phantom landed on my neighbors roof...ooops because at a power reading of 10.8 the phantoms is landing with or without your ok.
I also found using the ipad to fly manually takes a bit if a learning curve.. I guess I was raised on the sticks of the controller, no feedback on the fingers

What else ere you working on? I have 3 projects so far. I have an amped repeater and 2 directional antennas attached for the first setup. On the Lenovo Android tablet I use I noticed it has a similar wireless card like the laptop so I plan on adding an rpsma pigtail and a better antenna to see how far I can extend the range that way too. The Lenovo tablet has by far the longest range I have gone out far away without losing video just not sure how it does it so I am wondering how much further I can go with the antenna upgrade. The 3rd thing I did was upgrade the antenna on the controller to a 5 db gain antenna. Going to test it out tomorrow again.

J.James said:

If you use a kindle you can get an ap that lets you install regular android aps on the kindle. and then it will let you install the fc40s camera ap and use the kindle. And the kindle gets better wifi reception range then even the best wifi repeaters. and better then any one has reported getting on any smart phone.

I am able to push out over 350m with just the kindle. Tho I still think thats not nearly far enough even if it is 2-4 times the range others get on smart phone with the FC40. Tho that I should have that nut cracked soon. Going to get working on it some time after memorial day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj