Ground Station?

Reaction score
Is this going to have the watered down version of Ground Station? No indication and I can't find it for P2V either.

Hey Bill,

What are you asking here? Are you asking if it comes with the Ground Station software? The BTU?

Just trying to figure out how to best answer your question.

Cheers!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

The P2V advertising used to indicate a ground station like feature in the phone app. I wonder if P2V+ is going to get this capability. I also don't see it advertised with the P2V any more and was wondering if dji pulled this feature on the P2V family.

On the DJI facebook page, they said 4-6 weeks for waypoint capability for the Vision a couple of days ago

Bill_Burkert said:
The P2V advertising used to indicate a ground station like feature in the phone app. I wonder if P2V+ is going to get this capability. I also don't see it advertised with the P2V any more and was wondering if dji pulled this feature on the P2V family.

The P2V got groundstation support in the most recent firmware update. You have to buy a DJI Datalink though, like $260. Then use your PC or iPad for the groundstation software.

dbcch said:
Bill_Burkert said:

The P2V got groundstation support in the most recent firmware update. You have to buy a DJI Datalink though, like $260. Then use your PC or iPad for the groundstation software.

No, you won't to buy anything for the P2V to work with waypoints. It will be a software update that hasn't been released yet.

For the P2 (Non-Vision), you can add the Bluetooth Ground Station Datalink, the software is ready to go today.

Adam said:
No, you won't to buy anything for the P2V to work with waypoints. It will be a software update that hasn't been released yet.
For the P2 (Non-Vision), you can add the Bluetooth Ground Station Datalink, the software is ready to go today.

Ah, thanks for the correction!

I have a feeling that after saying the p2 would have waypoints in January and it was 3 months late, they learned their lesson and are not posting info like that until it has the waypoint feature ready to download. One would assume they would have it considering the vision and vision+ app are the same. Just a matter of them adding it to the app.

Ksc said:
I have a feeling that after saying the p2 would have waypoints in January and it was 3 months late, they learned their lesson and are not posting info like that until it has the waypoint feature ready to download. One would assume they would have it considering the vision and vision+ app are the same. Just a matter of them adding it to the app.

I hate to be so negative, but I hope you're right. Color me skeptical, but I just wouldn't be shocked if P2V owners get hosed on ground station functionality in the end. Why is it taking so long if it doesn't require new hardware? The P2V has everything onboard that could possibly be required - it's a software solution pure and simple. The only thing I can really conclude from all the delay is that they're trying to find a way to monetize it.

Regardless, (and yes, I'm fine with paying for it if necessary) it seems pretty unprofessional for DJI to leave their customers in the dark with their intentions on this. I don't want/need an update from DJI every week or even every month, but I would certainly like to see a statement of intention on the GS update, and if it's affirmative, something resembling a release window and what to expect.

I've seen numerous posts from people who've jumped the gun and purchased ground station hardware without reading between the lines. Yes, that's their fault and a waste of money, but they shouldn't HAVE to read between the lines. DJI bears some pretty significant responsibility by being so damned vague. It just smacks of disrespect for the community, and with that I'm quickly losing confidence in their ability/desire to deliver he system.

:D
Adam said:
dbcch said:
Bill_Burkert said:

Good luck finding instructions on how to install the hardware for the P2V. Couldn't find any videos or PDF files providing instruction.

ViperTomahawk said:
Good luck finding instructions on how to install the hardware for the P2V. Couldn't find any videos or PDF files providing instruction.

READ. He just said you don't NEED to install hardware for it to work on the P2V. It's SUPPOSEDLY going to be a future firmware update for the Phantom and/or an update for the app.

Abridged version: DJI Datalink + P2V or P2VPlus NO WORKY.

ViperTomahawk said:
Couldn't find any videos or PDF files providing instruction.

DJI "official" announcement http://www.dji.com/info/news/phantom-2- ... pabilities

"Additionally, a separate firmware and mobile phone App update will be released providing the Phantom 2 Vision with Ground Station capabilities including waypoint editing and autonomous waypoint navigation."

Believe or not...

Scottrod said:
ViperTomahawk said:

READ. He just said you don't NEED to install hardware for it to work on the P2V. It's SUPPOSEDLY going to be a future firmware update for the Phantom and/or an update for the app.

'Apparently' it is possible to use the Ground Station with Vision+ now for those who are impatient or don't trust that DJI will release these features in their native app anytime soon... You must purchase the datalink if you want to use the Ground Station app... See this link... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142870

srandall25 said:
Scottrod said:
ViperTomahawk said:

It is possible to use the Ground Station with Vision+ now for those who are impatient or don't trust that DJI will release these features in their native app anytime soon... You must purchase the datalink if you want to use the Ground Station app... See this link... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142870

That's news to me. I thought the Vision didn't have the port needed to hook up the datalink.

Sent via Tapatalk HD on my iPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl