Ground station with Zenmuse?

OI Photography said:
Ripper, I'd be a little concerned about trying to mount your FPV Tx internally as well, especially with all that other gear in there too. I know some do it that way, but the transmitters are designed to be air cooled, and when they run hotter than normal it can affect the range.

I agree, I will probably leave it out and underneath, and just remote mount the antenna on a carbon fiber side board I bought.

Funny you mention heat/air cooled. Dronefly set mine up and left the shrink wrap on my transmitter board. I questioned whether that was a mistake or acceptable.

RipperFox said:
OI Photography said:
Ripper, I'd be a little concerned about trying to mount your FPV Tx internally as well, especially with all that other gear in there too. I know some do it that way, but the transmitters are designed to be air cooled, and when they run hotter than normal it can affect the range.

I agree, I will probably leave it out and underneath, and just remote mount the antenna on a carbon fiber side board I bought.

Funny you mention heat/air cooled. Dronefly set mine up and left the shrink wrap on my transmitter board. I questioned whether that was a mistake or acceptable.

It's acceptable and even recommended, the shrink wrap doesn't hurt and it helps protect the board and components.

RipperFox said:
damoncooper said:
I crammed the iOSD, H3-3D interference board, data link module (minus aluminum cover), Flytrex wiring and jumble of video Tx wiring inside.

Just have the Immersion video Tx, H3-3D and Flytrex outside.

Nice and neat. But a bit snug inside.

Next time you have it apart, could you take/send me a pic of your arrangement. I'm going to wait a little before I move everything inside. I really would like a successful pattern to follow rather than experiment.

checked out the flytrap.. looks pretty slick! thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.