Ground Station Users question

Reaction score
I have a question for App & Full Version Ground Station Users.

What happens during flight of a set mission and the quad loses connection with the transmitter? Does it stop and go into RTF, or does it continue on and complete the mission?

My guess is that it stops and returns back to home point due to safety in not being able to manage the quad.

So if I wanted to fly 10,000-15,000ft I could set it up with the Ground Station and let it run it's coarse provided there was no distance limits?

I was going to buy the full version a couple of weeks back but they were on back order at the time, and I just haven't followed up on it since then. I was thinking someone gave me a couple of part numbers which were suppose to be all you needed.

Is there any difference in the ipad and pc version? I'm asking cause I remember reading somewhere someone said the ipad version was stripped compared to the pc version.

Don't know much about the full version Frank. There was a long thread about it - some folks had conflict with the two 2.4GHz signals interfering with each other. I only use the waypoints feature in the app. Works great for me. Great for doing a flypast of a full street for example when there is a distinct possibility of losing TX signal.

I used the app version to scan the cornfield I lost my last vPlus in. It did ok, but there were a few issues along the way. One was it was slightly windy that day and each time it reached a waypoint and rotated around to point towards the next waypoint, it would drift some causing it to come back and reset itself. Almost each time it would not correct itself and it would then try and make up the distance of being off as it traveled to the next waypoint. The other thing is, it does not fly pointed at the way point. It actually flies sideways or yawed. Not sure if you ever noticed, but the same thing takes place when it's in RTH. Except I believe it is worse in RTH. It's like when in RTH mode, it flies pointed in only 4 directions being North, South, East, or West.

Btw happydays, thanks for the info!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj