Ground Station Tip over

Regarding the tip over issue. Could it be that those who had tip overs had issues with the onboard altimeter(barometer). For example if your detected altitude on the ground is not zero but positive, maybe then the logic decides it is already at enough altitude to start progressing to the first waypoint.

I've read somewhere that the altimeter takes the height(barometric pressure) it detects during power up as zero altitude. But then when the electronics heat up, which I guess can even be more exaggerated while it is just sitting still on the ground while you draw your mission. The altimeter values then start to get wrong(you start getting positive altitudes) because of the temperature. The trick to reset it back to zero is to power cycle(restart) the phantom, then it will take the new values under working temperature as zero altitude.

Nathan Carter said:
The trick to reset it back to zero is to power cycle(restart) the phantom, then it will take the new values under working temperature as zero altitude.
:?
Would the mission be saved if you cycle the Phantom?

Lucan said:
At least you got several responses.. This has happened to me twice. Both times the first way point was directly above the phantom. Also could only shut her down via battery. It makes no sense. I posted last week or two and got zero input from the forum. I even pm'd an admin. Also the limited features are a pita... Can't save missions etc... Takes too long to plot a mission and uses up battery life that could be better spent flying.
I'm reluctant to use GS at this point.. It needs more features anyway, hopefully there will be an update soon for GS
Look for Coffee's version of the app on this forum; with that version you can program a flightplan with waypoints before you fire up your bird and start flying!! I already used his app and it works good.
[emoji106] Great job of IloveCoffee.[emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4