Ground Station Setup

Reaction score
I have the ground end velcroed to my transmitter and have put an xt60 connector on the supplied power cable to power it via any of my lipos, which could also be velcroed to the transmitter, but I usually just put it in my pocket. Probably not the safest option but I've not noticed the ground station battery getting even slightly warm under use.

Probably not the best location for it the GS transmitter and antenna, being so close to the phantom tx and antenna, and they're both on 2.4Ghz, but I haven't had any issues with it so far, on the short range test flights I've done.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396120766.654213.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396120766.654213.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 794
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396120779.939928.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396120779.939928.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 666
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396120786.725409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1396120786.725409.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 665
I have a phantom 2. I just bought GS. I have installed 2.0 on Phantom and installed all the disks...I still have no information to install hardware or set up ... I have hit a void of info to go further. How did you get info to set it all up
Thanks !

The manual pretty much explains how to hook it all up...download from dji website :)

Yeah, that's my question, too, as I just got my P2V this weekend: what mods will be needed and which package do I buy?

Do I need the iosd mini or can I buy the cheaper system? would the iosd be a future need?

Boy, is this thing cool? Ha, you guys all know!

bernardb said:
The manual pretty much explains how to hook it all up...download from dji website :)

Oh wow it wasn't there days ago when I got it...Thanks!

I set my FPV monitor & DVR on a tripod. Ipad mini I usually hand carry while flying.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 618
What's the small screen below monitor? I see the cloverleaf antenna is it connect to goggles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, I have been wrestling with ground station today. I have everything set up it is working kind of talking to the processor and communicating. But when I ran my first mission today it went nuts and didn't follow the way point at all! kind of went to some in an erratic way...dramatic altitude changes...yikes :eek: .. I go to run a mission even on Simulator the thing goes crazy around the way points and the artificial horizon look like I am in a tornado ... I could not find a reset other than turning the new I pad mini off and cycle power on the phantom 2 ...Any Ideas I am about to just reload everything...any tips or suggestions are welcome thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.