Ground Station Questions

Reaction score
Please assume 2 waypoints with different altitudes and back to home base.

1. When the Phantom takes off for the first waypoint does it first fly up to the altitude of the 1st waypoint and then navigate to the 1st waypoint and how long does it hover at that waypoint?
2. When en route to the 2nd waypoint does it first hover to the altitude of the 2nd waypoint and then navigate to it or does it navigate to the 2nd waypoint at the current 1st waypoint altitude and then correct to the 2nd waypoint altitude?
3. On the way to home base does it maintain the last waypoint altitude until directly above home base before it decends?

Off topic:

Gimbal arm is bent so camera flops back and forth. Tried to find replacement arm with no luck. Anyone know where I can just a replacement arm, and if not proper way to disassemble and bend arm back.

Thanks

ncdrone said:
When the Phantom takes off for the first waypoint does it first fly up to the altitude of the 1st waypoint and then navigate to the 1st waypoint and how long does it hover at that waypoint?
It flies directly from the home point to the firstway point -- gradually increasing the altitude along the way until it reaches the 1st waypoint altitude. If you set the 1st waypoint near the home point, then your Phantom will climb pretty much straight up before it continues to waypoint 2.

Per the DJI manual:
Aircraft reacts differently to the "GO" command: If the aircraft is on the ground, the aircraft takes off automatically and ascend 16 feet then fly to the first waypoint. If the aircraft is in the air, the aircraft flies to the first waypoint.
If there is a difference in the altitude between waypoints, the aircraft will adjust its altitude as it flies between points.

ncdrone said:
On the way to home base does it maintain the last waypoint altitude until directly above home base before it decends?
It comes back to the home point at the altitude of the last waypoint and waits for you to land it.

Per the DJI manual:
When all waypoints have been visited, the aircraft will return to its Home point and hover. Regain control of the aircraft and land it manually.

Thank you! I will reread. I was worried about that being the case. You make a great point, I will make the first waypoint close to home and high enough to clear any obstacles and the last waypoint high enough to clear on the way home. Perfect.

ncdrone, see above. I edited my original response to answer all of your questions. The DJI manual is pretty through on this topic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl