Ground Station + P2 Controller @ 2.4Ghz?

Reaction score
Any concern about both the P2 non-vision controller and Ground Station using 2.4Ghz?

Anyone using GS with a non-vision P2?

Yes. Not had a problem with it in about 15 flights using both iPad and laptop. Apart that is, from setting altitude too low when I sent it on a mission over a hill to a river.... When it came back the footage made me sweat a little! Those trees looked very close.. Lesson learnt!

Timsytanker said:
Yes. Not had a problem with it in about 15 flights using both iPad and laptop. Apart that is, from setting altitude too low when I sent it on a mission over a hill to a river.... When it came back the footage made me sweat a little! Those trees looked very close.. Lesson learnt!

Proper altitude definitely seems important :)

Can you use your controller without interfering with the data link?

damoncooper said:
Can you use your controller without interfering with the data link?

Yeah the 2.4GHz data link was used on other platforms (all 2.4GHz control) long before the 5.8GHz P2V series came along. I use it on my P1 and 550 with no issues at all.

When you get it try mounting the ground end and battery (if using iPad) to a non metallic pole to increase it's range, if using a PC you will need a USB extension cable. You can get over 2k away with no GS drop out that way (depending on terrain).

Timsytanker said:
When you get it try mounting the ground end and battery (if using iPad) to a non metallic pole to increase it's range, if using a PC you will need a USB extension cable. You can get over 2k away with no GS drop out that way (depending on terrain).

Thanks for the tip.

I ordered this battery pack I'm hoping to direct-DC in and strap it on the back of the ground end:

XTPower 10000mAh External Battery Pack (Dual USB Output 5V plus DC ...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00935L44E/ref ... 7tb0C0C67X

I'm thinking of bundling the GS + battery and mounting on a camera tripod or just sticking on the back of my LCD FPV monitor ( what's one more jumble of antennas back there anyway right? )

damoncooper said:
sticking on the back of my LCD FPV monitor ( what's one more jumble of antennas back there anyway right? )

That's what I did with mine, powering it off the same lipo I use for the monitor and Rx:
ADfrJVel.jpg

I've got a Boscam diversity LCD5802 with built in receiver and battery so it's perhaps a bit less "stuff" but I knew the back of the monitor was the place is be sticking any additions. That day has come :)

Hi

I have 2 questions about the datalink , groundstation seems great to have outonomus flight that would really broder the spectrum of my Bird.

I was thinking tho since mine has already takin a hit on battery life with the gimble/hero-3be and iosd +avl58 ( a 7min reduction I had ) which still is good for what it does ... But I really don't want to lower alot the battery life to a point of taking off few turns and down .

So I was thinking how mhuc would the datalink eat of the remaining 17m ... I assume that the set up you guys have is very close to mine ( more or less )

And the other question is that I read the specs on DJI about the Datalink and saw that the US one has almost twice the range from the one we have in the EU ... Is there anything else different then just range specs ( I would guess DJI did this cos of EU regulations )

Thanks alot

Best regards

Aron

Finally installed the datalink. I removed the heavy aluminum back and covered in electrical tape and fitted it inside the shell. Pretty tight in there now with iOSD mini, can bus, H3-3D interference board and wires for the Flytrex Core 2 and VTx, but it closed nicely.

I pulled one antenna down the leg and the other out an air vent in an arm and secured both with clear scotch tape. Mostly 90degree from each other.

Ready to test!

I have only used it a few times but I have had no issues with the GS and the P2 Controller operating at the same time. I also have the non-vision version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers