Ground Station on the plus...

Reaction score
Well, I haven't had time to go out and try it until today. It works, and works pretty **** good....kinda. My problem was with the map updating so I could actually plot something out. The first two times (using my iPad 3 Retina Display), the FPV video sucked. It was like using an iPhone app on an iPad. Oh wait. That's the only APP I could find in the App store. One for the iPhone, nothing for the iPad.

That's problem 1. Problem 2 was the mapping. It wouldn't update. All I'd get was a blank screen, no matter having it set to Hybrid or Satellite. The aircraft was in the center with the waypoint icon over it and I just couldn't get it to drop any more waypoints.

So...I chalked it up to an iPad thing and broke out the Google Nexus 7. Same thing.

Is anyone else having issues with this??? btw, I had 11 satellites and all batteries were fully charged.

I am not familiar with the Ipad issue but the mapping is all based on your cache. You will need to cache the maps of the area you are flying prior to starting a mission. To cache a map, as soon as you get to your location open your Phantom App and enable the Ground Station setting and then open your camera and swipe the screen to open the GS map, by using the network internet it will allow the maps to load and cache of your area. Once completed then close out and then change your Wifi settings to the phantom and proceed on as usual.

Generally, when you are unable to add a waypoint to the map it is because of too few satellites. Less than 6 (?) and she won't allow you to create a mission.

Could someone please tell me what will happen if you drop satellites while in a ground station mission? I know if it looses control signal it will return to home but what happens if you loose the required number of satellites? I am fearful to send this v2+ out of LOS on a mission and it loose satellites. Thanks any help it appreciated.

If you lose satelites during GS mission , your vision + will NOT return home. It'll hover until it acquires satellites and then continue the mission.

andersonpaac said:
If you lose satelites during GS mission , your vision + will NOT return home. It'll hover until it acquires satellites and then continue the mission.

Thank you. Assuming it has sufficient battery life and if not it should then it should cancel mission and return home on its own? If not it will just crash where it was hovering?

No, it can't return home until it has GPS. It knows what home is because of GPS. So if your batter is low. It'll hover until it gets GPS or battery runs out. If it does run out first, it'll land where it is. So as to your concerns flying BVR (beyond visual range) make sure you fly high and away from buildings, (or on top) and GPS would be just fine.

Thanks so much. I will be flying 250-300ft so GPS signal should not be an issue. (I hope)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31