Ground Station inside a QuadH2o?

Reaction score
I'm very tempted to install the GS inside my QuadH2o but I'm concerned that the shell of the quad might block reception from the ground end. Do you think it would be necessary to have the antennas outside of the shell? That would require drilling (and resealing) which I'd hate to do... but would certainly consider if it was absolutely required.

Thanks, Nidge -- I think this is a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees... or something like that. And since the GS works on a lower frequency than the NAZA I assume that penetration of the GS signal might even be a bit better.

This is encouraging, especially as I went ahead yesterday and purchased the GS, as I found one for a great price on another forum.

Nidge said:
It should work otherwise how do you fly the quad as it is?

Regards

Nidge

Materials used in the fabrication of any RC craft where the electronics are enclosed will be / should be RF transparent for obvious reasons. I've just had a look at the website for the QuadH2o and they say that the body is made from an epoxy fibre glass composite which is the same or similar material that is used in the construction of antenna raydomes which, again for obvious reasons, need to be transparent to RF.

Now I do have to chastise you on your second post on this subject as now I feel the need to spend my wife's house keeping money on another multirotor frame ;)

Regards

Nidge

Nidge, to reduce homemaking costs and relieve your wife of the burden, you need to apply your obviously extensive RC knowledge and creativity to housekeeping. For example, using a leaf blower you can sweep a large house clean in just seconds. For deeper cleaning, a pressure washer. Send the wife on a shopping trip before using these tools as many spouses cannot handle the related dust storm and drama.

Thanks!

Nidge said:
Now I do have to chastise you on your second post on this subject as now I feel the need to spend my wife's house keeping money on another multirotor frame ;)

Regards

Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers