Ground Station image cache

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the image cache?
I just tried gauging it, sitting at home on my wifi. It doesn't seem to have a large cache. I scan a large area, then turn off wifi and mobile data to see how much it retained, which isn't a lot. I'd love to have it cache my local area to around about 15km x 15km.

I just did a test and it cached a huge area, like the entire map of Melbourne.. I zoomed in, in multiple suburbs all over the place (not next to each other) and it saved that. Obviously any where I had not zoomed into I could not see zoomed in.

Maybe when you have internet load up the map and zoom in and out and a tonne of diff places and check. Also when its zoomed in real close, just keep scrolling across trying to cache as much as possible then check again.

*edit* I have a Samsung S5 so it might also depend on the device.

justin00 said:
I just did a test and it cached a huge area, like the entire map of Melbourne.. I zoomed in, in multiple suburbs all over the place (not next to each other) and it saved that. Obviously any where I had not zoomed into I could not see zoomed in.

Maybe when you have internet load up the map and zoom in and out and a tonne of diff places and check. Also when its zoomed in real close, just keep scrolling across trying to cache as much as possible then check again.

*edit* I have a Samsung S5 so it might also depend on the device.
It could be device dependent.

I zoomed in on the whole Mornington Peninsula... took me ages. It cached a big area well, but not the zoomed in detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic