Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Ground station for visions and for phones?

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by borgqueenx, Apr 12, 2014.

1. borgqueenx

2. OI Photography

Funny, none of the other Vision owners who have been waiting for it since that Dec announcement can seem to find it either :D Unfortunately it still hasn't materialized...and until it does, P2V/P2V+ owners seem to be out of luck for now when it comes to the waypoint capability the groundstation provides to all other Phantom versions.

3. borgqueenx

Lol they said its december/january for release....
    Its already half way April xD

4. RedRyderMedia

DJIGUY said in another post today the app is due out this week.....stay tuned.

5. Drone-Outlaw

received sn email from one of the large dealers/distributors "it's now available"! I just ordered a New P2V+ and I hope it includes that platform....
    Moose

6. zenith

I managed to get my P2V and GS working. Thanks to a guy called Gary E Hilton on the facebook groups. The datalink seems to be conflicting with the wifi but I have yet to do enough testing to come to a conclusion. It would be great if more people try and we can share some info with each other.

7. geargrind

I saw the posts by Gary on the facebook group, and asked some questions but I never got a response. I am also interested in what hardware and setup is needed to make the GS work on the P2V .

8. zenith

You need to buy the dji can module for phantom 2 which essentially gives you a can bus port. The 2.4 ghz datalink will plug into the can port on the air side. I guess then you need an ipad or PC gs. Also something to power the datalink on the ground end.

9. geargrind

Thanks for the reply...
    Doesn't the P2V already have the CAN port ? ( Gary was making a cable for it) And it has a data link for the mobile App already. So does it interfere with the 2.4ghz camera ? Were you able to fit everything inside the shell ? Just trying to sort things out before making any purchases. I already have the PC GS software. Thanks

10. zenith

The p2v has a can port on the motherboard. You will need this part for the cable adapter :
    http://www.wowhobbies.com/djiphantom2ca ... 2-can.aspx
    the datalink is on the outside of my p2v
    Regarding interference, i am still uncertain. They both work when the phantom is near when I tested it but the area had many telco towers and other urban radio interference. Too many variables.

The PC GS software keeps crashing on me. But then, I connect both the ipad GS and PC GS at the same time.