Ground Station for Phantom fc40

Hi, I succesfully installed the gs on my phantom fc40.
You need:
1) the gs components (of course)
2) the naza PMU.

Even if fc40 is equipped by naza v2 cpu, the pmu component is missing so you have to buy.
The pmu is needed because enables the can bus where you have to connect the remote radio link of gs.

Both pmu and radio link are hosted in the case of fc40.
You have to solder the power cables of pmu on fc40 motherboard, connect the x3 connector of pmu to naza v2 and move the gps cable from naza v2 to pmu. Connect the other cable of pmu to gps connector on naza v2 cpu.
Last connect remote data link to can bus of pmu.
Remote data link has two antennas that must be oriented 90 degrees between them . I put them outside the fc40 thru two holes and i fixed them one on the external body and the other on one leg. It's all ! Check also if the firmware of naza cpu is correct and now you are ready to fly ! I tried the first flights just three days ago and it works very well !
If you need more info I am available
Massimo

Maxdod said:
You need:
2) the naza PMU.

Even if fc40 is equipped by naza v2 cpu, the pmu component is missing so you have to buy.
The pmu is needed because enables the can bus where you have to connect the remote radio link of gs.

You have to solder the power cables of pmu on fc40 motherboard, connect the x3 connector of pmu to naza v2 and move the gps cable from naza v2 to pmu. Connect the other cable of pmu to gps connector on naza v2 cpu.
Remote data link has two antennas that must be oriented 90 degrees between them . I put them outside the fc40 thru two holes and i fixed them one on the external body and the other on one leg. It's all ! Check also if the firmware of naza cpu is correct and now you are ready to fly ! I tried the first flights just three days ago and it works very well !
Massimo

Fantastic! Finally found a fellow FC40 pilot carying same project as me. Ive got everything including IOSD. Just waiting for the PMU. Glad you had success! I might need your help soon! Thanks :)

I have the iosd module too but i decided to not install it. The flight parameters are visualized on ipad gs app, so which is the added
Value of module ?
I just loaded a video of the first flight made by fc40 and gs on youtube.
http://youtu.be/H4PJiyJWuHw

By the way i had to explore a valley and i realized later that i had to set the height parameter of waypoint to a negative value !
Ciao

Massimo

Have tested both IOSD and groundstation now. Had to wait for PMU to arrive but all working ground on the ground. Have not carried out a flight yet. That will be next if I can handle the stress of not being in control directly lol

Can you post a link to the correct parts?

Maxdod said:
You need:
2) the naza PMU.

Massimo

Maxdod said:
@cosmonaut:
Hi,
the link to components needed to install GS on FC40 (sorry the description is in italian but the reference of components is good):

the PMU: http://www.jonathan.it/multirotori/elet ... 2-pmu.html

the ground Station:

http://www.jonathan.it/multirotori/elet ... ation.html

Massimo

Grazie Massimo. The GS is sold for the FC40 as a complete package but has no useful instructions and now I find I must pay out more$. Do you live near Lucca? I have a place near there and would love to see your setup work. I have a vineyard and want to locate and scare bears and turkeys. Since it is impossible to see far on the ground, I want to try the FC40. Do you have a suggestion how to add a separate wireless control to drop a pepper bomb on the bears?
Ciao
Stefano

Hi iam new in here

This was just what i was looking for.. thank you so much.. ordered the PMU and the GS today for my FC40

cant wait til i get the parts..

After few days of troubleshooting I finally got it to work with my FC40. Must say it was pain in the ***;)

Were you able to get the waypoint function to work outside the ground station range? For some reason I cannot.

How did you get your FC40 to fly beyond the Ground Station range? When I tried to send mine to a waypoint (about 1km away), the FC40 stopped and hovered when it lost connection to the ground station. I was hoping for autonomous waypoint flying beyond the ground station range.

Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers