Ground station for Microsoft Surface

Reaction score
I saw someone in another post mention something about a PC version of Ground Station. Does anyone know if there is one for the Surface Pro?

Not sure about a Surface but I use the PC Ground Station on Windows 7 and under 8.1 desktop mode

IrishSights said:
Not sure about a Surface but I use the PC Ground Station on Windows 7 and under 8.1 desktop mode
Do you need a seperate wifi connection or does it connect to phantom?

ccase39 said:
IrishSights said:
Do you need a seperate wifi connection or does it connect to phantom?
There is a 2.4ghz ground end and air end. The ground end connects via 2 USB leads (to get the higher voltage needed) and data, and the air end connects to the canbus connector. Does the surface have 2 USB ports?

Yea it's got USB. Seems pretty advanced for me at this point. I'm having problems getting my photo viewer to view files. Says it doesn't accept that type of file or my viewer needs to be upgraded but I haven't been able to find update. From doing some quick research looks like others have had this problem with no clear solution.

the surface is full windows OS(unless old RT model), you are not limited to that app included in metro, go to desktop and use windows phone viewer or download any of the free programs to view photos. Photo gallery, Windows photo viewer, paint are just a few
See what type of file it creates and then google search that file type. IE: MOV, JPG, WMA ,TIFF, etc

kirk2579 said:
the surface is full windows OS(unless old RT model), you are not limited to that app included in metro, go to desktop and use windows phone viewer or download any of the free programs to view photos. Photo gallery, Windows photo viewer, paint are just a few
See what type of file it creates and then google search that file type. IE: MOV, JPG, WMA ,TIFF, etc
Its the 2 so it does have the full OS. It tries to open google earth and GPS Exporter in Windows photo viewer which doesnt work.I am assuming that is the default and I would have to do as you suggested with phone viewer or one of the free programs and make that the default photo viewer? If so are their any you rocommend that will work?

I get this message

Windows photo viewer cannot open this file because either photo viewer does not support the file format or you dont have the latest updates to photo viewer

meant photo viewer... darn typist

google photo viewer for win 8 and you should be able to open. my win 8 is set with window photo viewer as default . works for me
but rest assured you will find a program (app) that works
program vs app = how old are you? lol

Sorry I'm confused, which is not hard. What's all this got to do with running DJI PC Ground Station on a Surface. Windows 8 is one of the supported OS's.

Sorry to stay off topic but if your after a free prog for pictures try Irfanview

IrishSights said:
Sorry I'm confused, which is not hard. What's all this got to do with running DJI PC Ground Station on a Surface. Windows 8 is one of the supported OS's.
My surface tries to open Google Earth and GPS Eexporter with windows photo viewer and they aren't compatable with it. Don't I need those two for pic gs?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl