Ground Station Failed to Open *PLEASE HELP*

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered but I am new to this board and new at owning a Phantom.

I have a Phantom 2 vision v3 - have flown it with and without ground control 6 to 8 times without problems.

Last week several things happened. (1) Firmware downgrade to 3.8; (2) upgrade iPhone app; (3) first crash. :oops:

After several successful flights, while taking off in GPS ground control mode, it hit a tree. Props hit the limbs it fell approx 7 feet to the ground. Battery ejected and two props broke but no other apparent damage. After changing props & re-calibrating the compass, I was ready to try again. At this point, my cell phone was dead so I tried to connect with another phone. Received "Ground Station Failed to Open" error but had a successful manual flight.

After charging my cell phone I found that I also received "Ground Station Failed to Open" error with my phone. I have done an IMU calibration and reinstalled my iPhone app. I receive the camera image on my phone but no gimble control. Does not show any GPS connections.

PLEASE HELP!

Usual cause is the ribbon cable not seated correctly or damaged.

Inspect it closely and reseat into the connectors correctly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4