Ground Station crashes Vision App on Android 5 (Lollipop)

Reaction score
I am using a Nexus 4 with Android 5 Lollipop.

I cannot use Ground Station in the Vision app if I am connected to the bird's wifi.

If I swipe while connected, the G.S. screen will open for a moment, then the app crashes and reopens to the main app screen.

If I disconnect from the bird's wifi, G.S. opens fine and my stored map comes up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Ground Station crashes Vision App on Android 5 (Lollipop

Dji has clearly communicated that their Sw till now is only for adroid up to 4.xx. So that is probably the reason its not working for you (with andriod 5.xx) right now. You probably will have to wait for a dji-sw upgrade to accomdate andriod 5.xx; meanwhile using a android 4.xx smartphone or tablet yourself.
Regards FA

I don't know where you've found dji saying the app is not supported with android 5.0.
The google play store and the dji wiki both say "Android system version 4.0 or above"

Nevertheless dji can have some bugs which are not present in android 4.0.
I've not tested the groundstation in android 5.0. But also experienced a small issue after the android update.

Thanks, I'm stuck for awhile, then.
There is a ton on the web about Android 5 and Nexus devices having WiFi issues as well.
Thank God I have a 7" tablet that's still on 4.2.2.
I'd be earthbound at the whim of Google.

Almost same issue for me : the DJI app crashes as soon as the props start.
I have a Nexus 10 under Android 5.0.
Was working fine (except the radar) until this upgrade.
It seems to be also a problem on the wifi : I see the wifi connection light (in the DJI app) start blinking just before the app closes.

Brand new release 5.01 available tonight for the Nexus and around 10mn for the complete installation. It never took so much time on the previous versions !
Now I cant' wait testing it. Tomorrow will be another day and I hope it will solve our problems.

:evil: just tried it ... no improvement, still crashing !

From what I read, the 5.0.1 addressed video issues on Nexus tablets and newer phones.

CapnBob said:
From what I read, the 5.0.1 addressed video issues on Nexus tablets and newer phones.

It is also said to fix some WIFI issues. I'll be interested in hearing the results.

Hi,
Will the last DJI release fix the bug (app 1.0.56 /Nexus/Android 5.02+ firmware 3.10) ?
My fingers crossed but I keep waiting for a while before going further into this release.
I can still fly using my wife's smartphone (app 1.0.56/Motorola/Android Kitkat) and I'm not very keen on having this "spare wheel" flat as well :?

I've just discovered your brand new app Kenargo. Looks great, congratulations !
Could it be a work around solution for Nexus/Lollipop ? Shall it keep running when starting the props, it will be a key feature for Nexus owners :)

Hurray, the brand new v3.12 firmware seems to fix the Lollipop issue !
I've upgraded my P2V+ today and the DJI app does not crash any more when starting the props.
Outdoor tests should confirm but I feel confident now.

philarvropagan said:
I've upgraded my P2V+ today and the DJI app does not crash any more when starting the props.

Any more news on this?
My MotoG warned it is setting up to update to Android 5 any day

4wd said:
philarvropagan said:

Any more news on this?
My MotoG warned it is setting up to update to Android 5 any day

Sorry, didn't test it yet : business travel + windy weather since I'm back. I'll let you know.
BTW : Android 5.1 upgrade available now for my Nexus 10 ... but not very keen trying it so early. Shall the 5.02 work fine with the DJI 3.12, I keep it for a while before jumping to this new step.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers