Ground station app?

Reaction score
Does anyone have 'good' info about acquiring the Ground Station app. The DJI site implies it has to be downloaded from the Apple Store and is only compatible with iPads with IOS 6+. Another DJI site implies that the app firmware is already
installed in the newest DJI Phantom Vision 2+ firmware and the tablet app is Android compatible.

That's because there are two "Ground Station" apps. There is the full bore Ground Station, that I never got to use (but I THOUGHT only ran on a Mac or PC laptop... could be wrong*). It required additional hardware in your bird, as well as additional hardware on the ground.

Then, a few months ago, DJI incorporated a subset of the features (mainly the waypointing) of Ground Station into the Vision app that runs on iOS and Android. This app requires no additional hardware (other than you MUST be flying a Vision series Phantom, rather than a P1, straight P2, or FC40), and support is built into the latest firmware.

EDIT: * yep, wrong... there's a version of the full bore Ground Ststion that runs on the iPad (only... no Android)... but it still requires extra hardware.

I have vision plus and i cannot connect to Ground station App (not dji vision). In app i see right map but not connected to the phantom. In dji vision app is ground station working, but here is not possible to set heading or change speed between points.

So my question - is possible connect Phantom2 vision plus to the Ground station App without datalink?

Hiho!

This is from DJI Wiki for Phantom 2 Vision+ regarding the Groundstation App ( NOT the Groundstation PC programm with additional hardware!):

>>>>>
DJI VISION APP

System Requirement of Mobile Device:iOS version 6.0 or above/ Android system version 4.0 or above
Mobile Device Support:Recommended: iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPhone5s, iPod Touch4, iPod Touch5;

available but not recommended:iPAD3, iPAD4, iPAD mini. Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note2, Note3or phones of similar configuration.
<<<<<
Don't forget to connect your phone/pad to copter via Wifi when using app...

Also working with P2 Vision ( no +)...

And the link to DJI Wiki how-to:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2_Vision-DJI_Vision_App_Usage

Lem

Pfifferling said:
So my question - is possible connect Phantom2 vision plus to the Ground station App without datalink?

No... that's the thing. The full bore Ground Station app on a laptop NEEDS the datalink.

I don't believe you can use the Ground Station with a Vision series. That's why you use the Vision app (which, as everyone has complained, is not as full-featured).

Pfifferling said:
but here is not possible to set heading or change speed between points.

Nope.

And it's not possible to set those two parameters in the full version anyway, though I think there's a good chance that will change with a future update.

ProfessorStein said:
Pfifferling said:

No... that's the thing. The full bore Ground Station app on a laptop NEEDS the datalink.

I don't believe you can use the Ground Station with a Vision series. That's why you use the Vision app (which, as everyone has complained, is not as full-featured).

Thank you. Try it :) first connect to vision app, quit, run ground station app, skip connecting to device and voila - you will see your right position in the map, but it is not possible connect device and proceed fly :(
I tried it with ipad mini and iphone 4.

I hope that in near future will be in vision app full featured ground station or in ground station app will be possible to connect device :) Without heading is ground station only a nice toy.

I have messaged DJI and requested the ability to use the full Ground Station in the iPhone 6+. They said if there was enough demand, they would add the feature.

Everyone should email them and request it.

This turned into one of those confusing threads so please can I ask my specific question
Where is the app located for Android Phantom 2 NON VISION version - so I buy the bluetooth data link etc...

I dont have an ipad I have an android tablet or mac laptop but the laptop is much less portable for this role and I'd like to use the android app. I cant seem to see anything but the lightbridge app - is that the one ? I thought lightbridge was a different product to the bluetooth datalink.

thanks for helping me understand what I need.

There is no Android APP for the Phantom 2/1 Non-Vision Ground Station. (Thats why its called iPad Ground Station) - Only for Non-Vsion Phantoms.

Thanks for clarifying - won't be buying an ipad anytime soon - but shame it doesn't work on macbook air at least it doesn't show up in the app store I downloaded to my macbook air (and had to bing the app to find it) - but it cannot be installed , nor is it findable by iphone so it looks like its really locked in to ipad users. No Automated flight for me. TBH it maybe saved me wasting my money on something I may not have used much chomping my battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr