Ground Station API/SDK for iOS and Android

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time post.

My company creates mobile application software for the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry. We have a mobile product designed for field reporting, that lets users import their CAD drawings and satellite images into our app, add video, pictures, notes, show GPS location etc and then create report documentation based on the field site visit.

So we think drones and integrating Ground Station into our application would be an excellent extension to our product! Does anyone know if DJI has an API or SDK for GS that we can integrate with? If not, does anyone have any DJI contact recommendations so I can discuss our project with them?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Papo :)

Unfortunately DJI has not released any type of API or SDK for any of their software or hardware, or really expressed any interest in doing so. So far the only 3rd-party projects that have had any success integrating at that level with DJI's gear have done so by intercepting basic connections (signal or data) between components.

I would suggest taking a look at any of the existing or upcoming alternatives to DJI that are based on open-source projects etc. One of those would be 3DRobotics, who is also one of the groups who had some limited success with tapping DJI's system for telemetry data. http://3drobotics.com/about-us/

Excellent info. I'll take a look at those alternatives and continue to try to find the correct contacts at DJI to discuss integration possibilities.

Thanks for the suggestions and the help to steer me in the right direction.

Hi OI Photography,

Thanks for the additional info and PM. Seems I can't respond to your PM since I'm a newbie on this forum and must have more posts to compose or reply to PM's?

Ooops yes I forgot about that...this forum has an anti-spam feature that requires anyone to have 5 posts before they can send a PM. You can just post 2 more replies in this thread and you'll be clear ;)

Looking forward to developing mobile applications for drones in the AEC sector!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub