Ground Station and the Height of the Quad

Reaction score
Ok, I am still waiting on the firmware update or I guess I could test this myself, but for those of you that have quads that operate with the ground station, I had a question about programing the height at a particular waypoint.

If you take off from Point A I assume the Ground Station considers the starting point at "Zero" altitude. If you tell it to go to Point B and you want it to be at 50' in the air at Point B, does the Ground Station know the difference in the ground height between points A & B? In other words, if Point B is on top of a hill that is 60' above Point A, is the Quad going to fly into the side of the hill, or will it fly 50' above the top of the hill and thus be a total of 110' above point A?

Just curious.

The quad has no idea where the ground is, except at the takeoff point (assuming that you let it save its home point) so all elevations are relative to that point. To do otherwise would require either a very high resolution terrain database or a radar altimeter, neither of which you'll find in a phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik