Ground power Unit?

Reaction score
Seems like with all the things that require the bird turned on to do while on the ground; from transferring HD footage to the Ipad, to accessing basic flight settings and parameters or using the simulator. There would be some sort of plug in power adaptor, cycling Lipo's without leaving the ground seems sacrilegious...

Anyone heard of anything like this? or tried to make one? I guess one could take a worn out batt, and replace the cells with wires to a transformer, or 4... Surely with some basic electronics knowledge it wouldn't be too hard.

Pull the SD card for the video. As for powering up the bird, yes it can be done via a power supply for the main terminals but there is the other set of terminals on the battery that are for data that would have to be accounted for. I suppose you could get a bad battery and just remove cells and use a regulated power supply to provide the voltage/current input but that is a bunch of work. 10min of the battery on wont drain it much as you are not powering up the motors.

I'd guess that I could run the P3 for 30 minutes on a 30% battery and it would only drain down to 20% or so.

Personally I use a Nvidia shield or my Galaxy S5 with an OTG cable and USB/SD card reader to transfer files directly to the phone or tablet. Not sure if such a thing works on iOS.

Pull the SD card for the video. As for powering up the bird, yes it can be done via a power supply for the main terminals but there is the other set of terminals on the battery that are for data that would have to be accounted for. I suppose you could get a bad battery and just remove cells and use a regulated power supply to provide the voltage/current input but that is a bunch of work. 10min of the battery on wont drain it much as you are not powering up the motors.
I'd guess that I could run the P3 for 30 minutes on a 30% battery and it would only drain down to 20% or so.

Personally I use a Nvidia shield or my Galaxy S5 with an OTG cable and USB/SD card reader to transfer files directly to the phone or tablet. Not sure if such a thing works on iOS.

Therein lies the problem, IOS...

d81032965dc30a296817ecee8fd25f10.jpg

Reactions: Deep6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers