Ground loop my fault

Reaction score
Well just had my first crash on takeoff. Entirely my own fault. Too windy and uneven ground .
Anyway the phantom flipped completely upside down at full throttle. I grabbed it by a skid quickly. It was on soft springy grass.
All seems fine and it flew fine after. Does anyone think I have done nasty damage to motors or speed controllers?
I noticed possible jelly problems with the gimbal other day. Totally unrelated to this and was windy on the day. Just mentioning it now so if I ask about it in future people won't throw this post back at me!

Your probably fine I've flipped mine twice... just make sure your props are still snug and I'd calibrate the Imu and compass. If your getting some gimbal jelly I'd calibrate that as well

Just turn the props by hand and make sure no grit or dirt got into motors. Doesn't sound as thought it was upside down to long to hurt the ESC's.

All seems fine. No prop damage at all and motors free and clean.
Next time I will use a sheet of ply on springy grass NOT just the foam lid of the case. That will teach me to try to impress a girl lol.

Your probably fine I've flipped mine twice... just make sure your props are still snug and I'd calibrate the Imu and compass. If your getting some gimbal jelly I'd calibrate that as well

I have just checked the video - nasty gusting wind and no sign of the jelly from the last flight.

On the last flight I went to take off from a bridge. Lots of steel obviously under the deck so it was saying compass error. I moved off the bridge and it flew ok but there was a bit of wobble on the gimbal - maybe the bridge caused the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20