Ground control station UGCS

Question: We want to take pictures along a planned electricity line to see what ground conditions (forest,etc..) we got there. How would you set this up?
Area scan is not the best option I assume as it is more a line/stroke than an area. How to set this up.
Any hint would help us!
I guess it depends on the final product: are you looking for an orthomosaic (photogrammetry tool with appropriate overlap forward and back), video or stills along the route (waypoint tool).

Hi, starting from UgCS 2.10 we will change product line. We will have 4 licenses:

UgCS Open - free
UgCS One - $65
UgCS Pro - $600
UgCS Enterprise - $2000

In UgCS Enterprise we will left features for big deployments (like multi-operator support) or for expensive equipment (he-end transponders support).

All other features for professional use will be available in Pro.
Any information on when 2.10, or at least the user level changes are coming?

I guess it depends on the final product: are you looking for an orthomosaic (photogrammetry tool with appropriate overlap forward and back), video or stills along the route (waypoint tool).
Actually video along the route worked just fine with some stops for Photos of specific places. Now I got the difference. Thanks!

I wanted to share my "Overlap" spreadsheet. It includes portions of Pix4D's GSD Calculator, if this is not acceptable then I'm sure you'll know what to do.
Thank, please send it to me, you can use [email protected] mail. Will check our values for cameras.
If you prefer to calculate altitude etc using your calculator may be AreaScan will be better for you. Especially for mountains, it allows to specify terrain following mode without excess waypoints.

Question: We want to take pictures along a planned electricity line to see what ground conditions (forest,etc..) we got there. How would you setthis up?
Area scan is not the best option I assume as it is more a line/stroke than an area. How to set this up.
Any hint would help us!
Do you have list of pole's coordinates? If yes, I can send you Excel macro which can generate linear routes for powerlines inspections.

sounds good. We're suing two different types of Pan/tilt units.
1, Kenpro/Yaesu
controlled via ERC-Shop
2. Pelco (D) protocol controlled Pan/Tilt unit. Pan/Tilt Camera Mount | Pan/Tilt Mount | Pelco

Pelco (D) protocol is quite widely used. This wouldbe a good option to output the control data via RS232/RS485 or USB controlled units.

We volunteer as testers..
I have checked Pelco D protocol specification, it seems that equipment should support "Advanced Features Set" to implement automatic antenna tracker without big headache.
Could you send me your equipment doc's to [email protected]? We will check what we can do.

Any information on when 2.10, or at least the user level changes are coming?
I hope we will release 2.10 in late October, may be November. We finished development of all planned features for this release, now we need to stabilize code and make test flights with all ~20 types of supported drones. Usually it takes 1-2 months.

One more important note regarding UgCS 2.10. Photogrammetry tool will be removed from UgCS Open and will be available starting from UgCS One. So if you use UgCS Open for your business, do not forget to upgrade your version.

Do you have list of pole's coordinates? If yes, I can send you Excel macro which can generate linear routes for powerlines inspections.
Yes. I got coordinates of planned poles. (The line isn't built yet). This would be greatindeed.

I have checked Pelco D protocol specification, it seems that equipment should support "Advanced Features Set" to implement automatic antenna tracker without big headache.
Could you send me your equipment doc's to [email protected]? We will check what we can do.
Ok. I will send you the specs. I've got to retrieve them from the manufacturor.

Yes. I got coordinates of planned poles. (The line isn't built yet). This would be greatindeed.
I have attached Excel macrosheet. If was created for one of our project and we don't have user manual for it, but I hope it's quite simple.

Attachments

• UAV_Energy.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 290
Reactions: IBV
I hope we will release 2.10 in late October, may be November. We finished development of all planned features for this release, now we need to stabilize code and make test flights with all ~20 types of supported drones. Usually it takes 1-2 months.
if you need a beta tester let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.