Grey and Black Cable snapped from unit to Gimbal help

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and would love some advice. Unfortunately the Dji had a confrontation with a tree and fell rather badly where the gimbal broke away from the main unit. Thankfully the camera is fine but the grey and black cable snapped from the unit. They are still attached(i.e. Not missing) but is this easy to repair / solder to the circuit board or do I need to get new cabling. Thanks in advance Ron

Got a photo?

Apologies I should have posted pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    731.1 KB · Views: 598
At the least, it looks like you need a new cable pack and gimbal mounting plate. You'd need to open up your Phantom in order to see if anything is broken on the inside.

Last edited:
I don't see those little gray and black cables in the pack. Are they in there? Also do the have a very small end that just kind of snaps in the unit?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't see those little gray and black cables in the pack.
FYI, I updated my links above. They were previously pointing to the Advanced/Professional version of those parts.

I believe the gray/black cables are the Wi-F antennas. See this link.

Yep that's what I was also thinking .... I don't have these at the moment so will possibly need to order same ..

I haven't opened my P3S yet, but you could certainly open yours and check -- since you'll have to open it anyhow to make the repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31