Greetings from Tennessee

Reaction score
Greetings to all... I am a newbie seeking council form experienced pilots. I am have been using full-frame Nikon DSLR bodies for the past 20 years. I am primarily a nature, wildlife, and sports photographer. I also enjoy capturing cityscapes. I recently returned from a trip where a friend introduced my to the possibilities with a drone. He was using the Phantom (not sure if it was 3 or 4) quadcopter. I was intrigued and have been researching drones since my return. I have made the decision to take the plunge and look forward to adding video to my skills... but at this point I am still thinking like a photographer.

After speaking to several sales reps on my goals, I was encouraged to look at the Inspire 1 and/or Pro x5 because of the 16mp camera that will allow for sharper images. I was wondering if anyone can offer council with this copter, or offer suggestions on other copters that will offer quality images.

I understand that there is a learning curve, but I'm wanting to make a one time purchase that has the capabilities of capturing video, and stills the quality of full-frame DSLR's. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello and welcome "neighbor". I'm just on the other side of the TN/NC border in Western NC.

That is an excellent aircraft to say the least. I would highly suggest getting a lesser aircraft to learn to fly and keep the Inspire1 as your dedicated photography aircraft once you become proficient in flying. This isn't saying you can't learn (and learn very well) on the Inspire1 but you might want to make "rookie mistakes" on a $500 Phantom 3 Standard instead of the Inspire1.

Good luck and safe flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20