Greetings from San Antonio

I'll be in SA for a week in early June, interested in flying and meeting up with other pilots if possible!

Hey Brian BB-what dates will you be here and roughly where in SA? This will help get an idea on where to meet you

Hey Brian BB-what dates will you be here and roughly where in SA? This will help get an idea on where to meet you
Hi! I'll be in town from June 3-10. I'll be visiting my parents who live between Leon Valley and Helotes, and for M-W will be at a conference at the convention center, so I want to try to fly several times, both downtown if possible as well as out in the NW part of the city (I haven't been back in more than a decade, it's going to be crazy to see how different things are now). I'd love to meet up with other pilots.

Brian BB- there's quite a few of us there in around that area to fly often on the Northwest part of town. Downtown is very possible but a little more tricky. But looking forward to possibly fine with you

I live in the Alamo Heights area and am planning on flying this weekend. I have flown at Kitty Hawk multiple times so it is getting old. Would like to fly somewhere else. Open to suggestions.

Reactions: Rensyo
Hi Borocay. We have a community of UAV flyers here in San Antonio. We fly every weekends at different locations in and out of San Antonio. Please feel free to join us at Heroes Stadium this Saturday morning. More details can be found in our facebook page > San Antonio Drones

Borocay- like rensyo said we have a group that meets every weekend and that info is on Facebook link he posted, if you don't have Facebook, let me know and I'll forward you the info to keep you in the loop of where we are flying. Looking forward to meeting you too

Hi, I would like to come out and fly my drone tomorrow. I flew my P3S yesterday morning at Kitty Hawk. There was nobody there so I had the whole place to myself. I can't make it for breakfast, but I can come by Heroes Stadium a little bit later. Let me know what time you will be there and where to go. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Hi, I would like to come out and fly my drone tomorrow. I flew my P3S yesterday morning at Kitty Hawk. There was nobody there so I had the whole place to myself. I can't make it for breakfast, but I can come by Heroes Stadium a little bit later. Let me know what time you will be there and where to go. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Hey Brorcay, I will not be there tomorrow as I have prior engagement i.e.. 1st family (2nd is San Antonio Drones, LOL). If the weather holds and doesn't look like there's going to be rain early morning than I'm sure there will some guys out there after 8am. Once you get there introduce yourself and let them know that me "Chris Fisher" let you know where the meet is. Everyone will welcome you with open arms! I've also provided a pic of the location and where we meet when flying at Hero's stadium. If you want you can also text me at 737.444.1414 to get your info for faster communication in the future. Sorry to miss you tomorrow but looking forward to flying with you soon!

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 419
Brian BB- there's quite a few of us there in around that area to fly often on the Northwest part of town. Downtown is very possible but a little more tricky. But looking forward to possibly fine with you
Hi all, I am in San Antonio for the next week or so, wanted to see if there are any pilot meetups on the schedule. I don't facebook, so if there's a calendar there can someone help me figure out how to see it?
Is it possible to fly in Hemisfair park? I was down there this afternoon and quickly scouted around, it's not clear if there's a good takeoff spot, and what the rules are. I saw a couple police walking around, didn't have the chance to try to chat with them.

Brian, you can fly launch from hemisphere park but that park is always crowded and police might say something to you due to dense population. What part of town are you staying at? There's no scheduled meetup until next Saturday but I can see if I can round some folks up for a flight or two with you.

Brian, you can fly launch from hemisphere park but that park is always crowded and police might say something to you due to dense population. What part of town are you staying at? There's no scheduled meetup until next Saturday but I can see if I can round some folks up for a flight or two with you.
I'm out in NW San Antonio, between Leon Valley and Helotes basically. I'll be down at the convention center all day M-W (I'm thinking of maybe trying to get in a flight at Hemisfair Park early some morning, like 8 or so, hopefully at that time it will be empty and no one would be bothered), then here until Saturday afternoon, with lots of family activities but should be able to sneak away for some flying if people are going to do so...

I don't live far from where your staying and there's quite a few of us that live in this area, shouldn't be hard to meet for a bit to fly

FYI, so I was in HemisFair Park early this morning, and was told pretty aggressively & definitively by a cop (who I had approached myself and asked) that I could not fly there.

That sucks. I'm downtown is well right now. Are you busy in the next hour or two? I don't have my phantom with me but wouldn't mind meeting you are so close. My number is 737.444.1414. Call or text me if this is possible otherwise no big deal.

That sucks. I'm downtown is well right now. Are you busy in the next hour or two? I don't have my phantom with me but wouldn't mind meeting you are so close. My number is 737.444.1414. Call or text me if this is possible otherwise no big deal.
It was great to meet up, I'm looking forward to flying together this week. I did a quick two minute flight on my way home to make sure everything made it ok on my flight down here, and it all looks good:
SkyTubeLive Flight

I see you found nanny falcon park. I dig the app too! What do I need to do to help Betta?

I see you found nanny falcon park. I dig the app too! What do I need to do to help Betta?
That's a nice little park. It wasn't there back in the early 90s when I last lived here--none of that stuff there was, it was just a back road to HEB...
The app can be found in the play store, but if you send a note via our webpage I will send our info sheet on how to download, install, and use the app, with current status info, planned updates, etc. That goes for anyone, anywhere, of course...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1