Greetings from San Antonio

I don't use extra batteries. As for rc, I use both the auto and custom, just depends on my situation at the time of the flight. Need to meet up with our group sometime too as we all help each other with questions and issues. Hope to fly with you soon

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JohnnyB
For sure, gonna fly some today gateway park, to check all my systems, trying to get my horizon straight, need to do some calibrate IMU,gimbal,compass.

Had a great time flying this afternoon at a new location! It's good to be back. Hope to see the rest of the group soon!

Congrats!! A group of us fly weekly and are going to meet twice this weekend if your interested. 1st meetup with be at 4pm on Saturday at the same park you flew at today and the 2nd one will be on Sunday at 6am at Columbus park to get sunrise video with downtown in background. If your interested PM me separately and I'll give you my number. If you can't meet us this weekend, We meet weekly in different places to fly, just pm me with your number and I'll keep you in the loop. We fly all phantoms from standard through 4, mavics, inspire 1 and 2's as well as some fixed wings and other types of drones. We just hang out and fly and give each other feedback,very relaxing group.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Can all y'all just move to Ky? Lol

I was checking out adaptor to install second battery for extra flight time but wondering bout extra stress on arms and props. Video could be used for S.A.news and such, bet you got quit a collection, 1.5 TB ssd card keeps my 4k's nice, 4k 32" monitor brings out detail real nice, got em on the cheap but best quality viewing and gaming. Do you do custom or auto frequency?
"B" type remotes, as in GL300B and the inspire 1's GL658B remotes had some bad batches of plastic and were the most brittle of all, according to some higher ups on this forum.

For sure, gonna fly some today gateway park, to check all my systems, trying to get my horizon straight, need to do some calibrate IMU,gimbal,compass.
Not trying to thread jack (lol), one guy said when he seen the horizon was off he would land and restart the bird, sometimes taking twice, and claimed it would help. May give it a try.

Man.. love all these videos guys!!! Awesome stuff!! I need to stop being so lazy and make videos from my SD card..lol Internet is slow so I have just done a low quality for the last couple. After watching these vids, you guys have sparked an interest again to get better on the post side if things.
My next mission will require a battery mod...
ec71e6e6b32d0909db3612e7a962bbbd.jpg

Haven't got to fly much lately but yesterday, and maybe the only time ever, (first time ever) I done this...
e13da487dcefa1e3743065a09747f4f7.jpg

Landed with 14% battery. [emoji33] Used the P4, modded P4 RC, L-com 2.4gHz 8.5dB magnet base antennas stuck to the roof of the crown vic, and 3W Amps, setting comfy in the seat with a spitter in the cup holder, and a little heat cause it was cold out..lol
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Reactions: Rensyo
That is awesome JohnnyB! I have never tried flying that far using my Mavic. I guess we should fly side by side when we get the chance to fly there in KY.

Man.. love all these videos guys!!! Awesome stuff!! I need to stop being so lazy and make videos from my SD card..lol Internet is slow so I have just done a low quality for the last couple. After watching these vids, you guys have sparked an interest again to get better on the post side if things.
My next mission will require a battery mod...
ec71e6e6b32d0909db3612e7a962bbbd.jpg

Funny ****!!! Love it. At the rate your going with your mods, looks like your bird will get to Texas before you do!!

Hey, all you guys ok down there with all the wildfires? Close to you?

We are good here in San Antonio, the fires are in the panhandle, thanks for the concern.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20